Was Bastila really the main character?

Drakron wins there. :unsure:

in what way?

deus ex machina still not got nothing to do with the protagonist being focus or not. stealing the show and deus ex machina is somehow the same thing in a person's mind? the only show in iwd was the npc stories... reliance on deus ex machina not seem to have a real point.

as to final fantasy references... they is lost on Gromnir.

*shrug*

oh, and as to pointing out that the npcs have more developed stories even in games where ther protagonist is the focus... well that gets a big "duh," too from Gromnir. not know how many times we has noted that it is easier to write npcs 'cause they is static and not dependent on a player who may have radically different playing styles. the fact that npc (especially villains) Steal the Show of game stories even in games where the protagonist is the focus further proves out our point, not his.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

But you're not Revan anymore... you're watered down, jedi re-written persona in a Revan body.

Other than a few flashbacks... you have no knowledge of revan that someone else didn't give you.

Heck, if you convince Yuthura of the fact you're Revan I think she tells you this.

*SPOILERS*

If that is the case then how is it possible for you to defeat Malak on the Star Forge? I might add that even as early as the Leviathan all of the characters I created would have been able to defeat Malak, easily.

Simply because you don't remember being Revan does not mean you have lost your power, it only means that you can now use it toward whatever ends you wish.

Anyway doesn't Malak say somewhere that he must kill you because people have begun to question his right to be Lord of the Sith?

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

No, he said he was always a little afraid his right to rule might be questioned because he blasted you with a ship and not one on one... And so he was glad you were alive so he could kick your butt in person :p

I'd say it's not relevent as it's a character specific thing, and thus subjective.

When you convince people on Korriban (post-Leviathan) that you're Revan... they really don't care. Malak is their dark lord.

And as these are the people you're wanting Revan to be lord over... I think that's telling as to if you have what it takes to be Dark Lord of the Sith again or not.

I'd say it's not relevent as it's a character specific thing, and thus subjective.

When you convince people on Korriban (post-Leviathan) that you're Revan... they really don't care. Malak is their dark lord.

And as these are the people you're wanting Revan to be lord over... I think that's telling as to if you have what it takes to be Dark Lord of the Sith again or not.

Thats the way of the Sith. In order to be recognised you would have to take power from the current Dark Lord. Much like Malek did when he destroyed your ship.

Whether or not you are Revan dosnt even come into for the Sith.

I suppose the significance in the temple event is that you at that point are deciding what course you will follow to conclude events. Either removing Malek and causing a power struggle amoung the Sith (if your a Jedi) or removing Malek and re assuming your position as Dark Lord. As the Sith follow only power they will follow the winner of the strugle.

Where being Revan really struck a chord in KOTOR is as you were moving around the Sith academy. You were able to use your identity to tell the other Sith that its never too late to change, even if you think it is. The talk with the original Sith Lord is also thought provoking.

But as far as the Sith following you because of who you were. That was never going to happen. Its simply not in the Sith ethos.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Thats the way of the Sith. In order to be recognised you would have to take power from the current Dark Lord. Much like Malek did when he destroyed your ship.

Whether or not you are Revan dosnt even come into for the Sith.

..snip...

But as far as the Sith following you because of who you were. That was never going to happen. Its simply not in the Sith ethos.

But you can convince Bastila to leave Malak for you...

Also, I thought one of the powers of the Dark Lord was that of persuasion, further -even if you took control of the Sith academy it is just a minor victory, not as though you have turned the whole Sith army against Malak. You would still have to face the star forge anyhow. In KOTOR you end up destroying the Sith academy anyway (I suppose you could have sided with one of the Sith masters, but I never did). What difference would it have made to the game if you destroy the Sith academy (light or dark side), you infiltrate and leave (light or Dark), or you take control (Dark side only). The whole scenario should be dependent on a persuasion check or force persuade/command. Then Malak could have some nice dialog about how he would have revenge for you taking his Sith academy.

Anyhow, playing Dark side was pretty unsatisfying. There was no real incentive to be evil.