Oblivion Thread

Fenghuang

*shrug* I honestly think the writing is better in Diablo. It is certainly better in Diablo 2. Now, as Lonewolf says, I like the exploration and scenery, but I think it's silly to make pointed comments concerning Planescape to divert the conversation from legitimate comments on Oblivion.

Comparing Oblivion to any game is certainly valid for the purposes of discussion. Now, saying that Oblivion isn't any better than Mavis Beacon Types or some such might sound silly, but that's a matter of context. Perhaps you find going through the motions to get to the end much like the process of finishing the Mavis Beacon program. The point is, we make comparisons all the time. It's going to happen.

Danger Double Post Danger

Anyhow, I just finished the game.

I liked it.

I even thought fondly of my horse at the very end. Now, I have to admit, when I

fought to get to the Great Sigil gate, I thought it was laughable that the aid everyone gave me was a company of two soldiers each. What the hell? You're kidding me. That's just pathetic. Not only that, but I hate keeping people alive.

They're stupid and run right into my spells. ...And running into my spells is not what anyone wants to do. It's just plain ugly.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"I often double post"

HA! Double Poster!

Anyhow, I was quite happy about the ending. Folks in the street reference my battle and it's cool to go to my tower to rest.

The clever trick Bethesda used at the end to get the player to continue with the game for a while longer made me laugh. It was a great idea.

Here's my biggest beef, now that I made peace with my horse. Ah hell, let me talk about my horse first. It actually helped me in a fight once. Some bandit attacked me and concentrated on my horse. I put the bandit down easily, and then I healed my horse. Ever since, for some reason, I loved the stupid beast. It's not even as if I wouldn't have won the fight hands down, but I saved the animal and ever since I thought of it more as a pet rather than a mount.

Okay okay, back to my beef. I hate the scholars. I am their damnable boss! I'll talk to folks and they'll say, "I'm far to busy to talk with you right now." You know, I could literally start at one end of the city and move through it zone by zone and kill everything in my path. These damn fool mages at the university would do well to remember that. ...But nooooo, they know that I'm not going to burn a swath of destruction upon them, so they can talk to me as if I were some ridiculous apprentice. I'm going to start firing folks in key positions until they learn to respect me. Arghhh

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Firing by fireball? :D

And is anybody else getting sick and tired of being nailed in the damn back my allied archers? It's pissing me off. :-

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

It's not realistic. :)

Generally, allies try to avoid filling you with arrows when you're standing in front of their target.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Gold

Anyways, it looks like my Oblivion game is over. I restarted my PC after yet another hardlock and now whenever I try to load a game I get a CTD.

I'm 55 hours in as well...

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

I could give it a try. I don't know if it'll work; when I try to continue from my last save I get a message saying the save's corrupted. Don't know if thats affected the rest or not.

master of my domain

I could give it a try. I don't know if it'll work; when I try to continue from my last save I get a message saying the save's corrupted. Don't know if thats affected the rest or not.

But the game usually has an autosave close to where you were, did you try that one too?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Thanks for the advice, but I didn't want to try re-installing again, so I checked out TES and found this:

Firstly try disabling the "autosaved" in the Oblivion.ini file in your saved games directory in My Documents.

The ini field is called bSaveOnInteriorExteriorSwitch=0

Secondly in the save game file in my documents you must take out 2 file names autosave.ess and autosave.bak (if you don't want to delete them just move them to a diff folder or onto your desktop) I think that after you get the game going again you could try turning the autosave feature back on by changing bSaveOnInteriorExteriorSwitch=0 back to =1.

I tried it and now my game works fine, just in case anyone else gets this problem.

master of my domain

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=352731

REQ: PC mod installer for Xbox

Bounty: US $1000.

Greetings.

My friends and I would put up $1000 for the first hack that would allow most pc mods to be installed on the Microsoft Xbox 360 console units.

Rational:

As you understand, we the Xbox 360 gamers make the majority of the userbase. It is us that would in the long run would keep this game on the shelf and possibly provide a basis for a sequel (TES 5). Currently, there are many mods for the PC that we would like to run on the MS Xbox 360, but due to no active sofware development to incoperate these into our units we are thus segregated from the nice mods released by the small PC community.

We are not nerds or sofware developers, we are gamers. But we understand the PC people are mostly into this stuff and know how to find a way to make these into our hard disk units. What we need is a way for these mods to work on our units.

The first person that could provide an installer, or an easy guide to getting most mods installed on our units would win the bounty.

Please understand that without supporting Microsoft Xbox 360, this game would die soon. The MS Xbox 360 gamers would get bored without the nice mods PC community makes and leave for the next cool release. This threatens the very existance of the game as a game. Since without our support there would not be another chapter of this game out.

I hope this is understood by the scripting community here and such a guide/mod could be devised soon.

Thank you very much.

With Kind Regards,

Xbox 360 gamers of SF.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Pheh.. you buy a toy to play games on, thats all you get.

NO MODS FOR YOU!!!!!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Deirdre is now the imperial champion. She is the Archmage with masters in destruction, alteration, and alchemy. She has faced all foes and destroyed them in turn. The empire was under her care, guarded by her sword and spells. Now, however, she intends to retire destruction spells and focus on running the Arcane University, Henceforth known as "Martin Septim University of the Arcane Arts" Recently, she instituted a number of staff changes at MSUAA. New buildings on campus include Traven Hall and a memorial to all the mages who perished in the battle against Oblivion.

In the power vacuum that followed the war, Deirdre solidified mage influence in the imperial council. She offered the services of battlemages for the defense of the Empire. She sent high ranking officials from the University to each province in order to gather support. She provided the Council with invaluable skills, items, and information from MSUAA.

She, herself, remained in the Imperial city, pushing for a plebiscite. Her goal is to establish Democracy as the new Imperial form of government, a possibility that was hitherto not realistic. Already she has, through Occata, pushed imperial bans on slavery, necromancy, and daedric summoning. Her ultimate goal is to establish the Mages' Guild as the protector of arcane law, with the laws established by a representative government.

Recnetly, Deirdre returned to her old cell. The air was still dank and cold, as it had been on that day long ago when fate thrust her into the role of protector and champion of the Empire. She thought long on the those who had been lost in the Oblivion war and wondered, as she stood, what the future would hold.

Obsidian Plays

Okay. this game is seriously messed in the head. I just closed my second Oblivion gate and it was a decent challenge to me so no complaints from there but just a short distance fromthe gate was an inn. In this Inn I got a quest to find stolen potatoes. STOLEN POTATOES! I am saving the world from hellish demons and now I am going out to find a potato thief. :-

I find the thief. AND HE NEARLY KILLED ME! A freaking uber Ogre! I had a tougher time recovering potatoes than closing an Oblivion gate?!?!?!?!?! :blink:

20 hours in and only 4th level. I love this game.