Favorite Saber Styles

What is your favorite saber style?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite saber style?

• Shii-Cho
    • Ataru
    • Juyo
    • Shien
    • Makashi
    • Soresu
    • Niman

Niman in my opinion is the best style. It has no weaknesses and no strengths bringing balance. Most people will say juyo because of the additional attack, but you sacrifice 4 defense and have a -4 to force saves. Niman is overlooked because most people see the +1 to everything not that great, but instead of lowering one of your areas like blaster deflection or force saves you gain a little in every area. The only downside to using Niman is that you don't excell in any particular area. Niman is for skilled players only because most noobs will need the extra attack or lightsaber damage to get them through the game, but using Niman the entire game efficiently is a challenge and in my opinion the most rewarding.

Although I hardly used Niman as it is usually a last form learned out of seven, Juyo was a form that I barely used.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I believe there are at least 10 forms in all the Star Wars saga. There are 7 in the list + Force Focus & other two that I don't remember.

I've always used the different styles in various situations but it doesn't help that much... it just makes a slight difference in defence or attack...

But I prefer to just SLICE the enemies I have in front and batter down 80-100 HP at a time with my twin assassin lightsabers.

For me, since I use dual sabers... Niman is the best! X-form

Personally, I count on speed more than technique in killing a foe.

Wikipedia states there are at least 9 saber forms.

Two of them are not "official" in the Jedi currilum.

Jar' Kai'(msp) is a Lights Saber form that uses Art of Two Lightsabers and it is based of Jar' Kai' sabers

Sokan is a cousin to Ataru that focus on pushing the enemies into more hazadous areas of the enviroment.

Trikagte(msp) is the art of turning off and on your lightsaber at key moments in a lightsaber battle.

Dum Moch is the art of finding weakness thru talking in a lightsaber combat.

these other styles are more stragetic than saber combat styles.

When it comes to Star Wars the Star Wars wikipedia is a much better source than wikipedia.

Here ends to be much more accurate and in line with established canon etc.

And here is their lightsaber combat article. More detailed in general, each form has its own article with more details.

Niman in my opinion is the best style. It has no weaknesses and no strengths bringing balance. Most people will say juyo because of the additional attack, but you sacrifice 4 defense and have a -4 to force saves. Niman is overlooked because most people see the +1 to everything not that great, but instead of lowering one of your areas like blaster deflection or force saves you gain a little in every area. The only downside to using Niman is that you don't excell in any particular area. Niman is for skilled players only because most noobs will need the extra attack or lightsaber damage to get them through the game, but using Niman the entire game efficiently is a challenge and in my opinion the most rewarding.

Technically I would have to agree...but I have never got Niman form in a play through, that I know of so it is probably a consular form.

Jedi classes basically get lightsaber forms like Determination, Contention, Resilience and a force form named Force Channel. (Be it a consular, sentinel or guardian class)

Jedi masters/Sith lords learn additional force forms.

Don't really mind using Niman if it were not last form for Assassin/Watchman.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧