Bored.

I think this is the longest i've been without playing a decent RPG, and i think i'm starting to get actual withdrawals.

I have several games on my to play list (FEAR, Galactic Civ II, Rome Total War), but i just can't seem to muster enough energy to play any of them, i'm craving RPGs so badly i just don't care for other type of games, arrrrrggggg.

How long until NWN2 again? I'm actually thinking about getting Oblivion, even though i know i'm going to hate the game... :'(

Edited by Lyric Suite

I'm trying out Oblivion before I buy it... Not really impressed so far (for all the same reasons I hated Morrowind)...

Why not try an older game with a few mods? Since that seems to be one of the major reasons you PC purist rave about your games.

I keep going back and playing the older games. Gun is the only newer game that I own so far. Oblivion I plan on getting, but I don't know when yet.

Gun was pretty good fun but way too short.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I keep going back and playing the older games. Gun is the only newer game that I own so far. Oblivion I plan on getting, but I don't know when yet.

Gun was pretty good fun but way too short.

That is the problem it was too short. Where are the long play time games these days? Something that holds your attention, so you want to keep on playing and playing until you lose track of time.

That is the problem it was too short. Where are the long play time games these days? Something that holds your attention, so you want to keep on playing and playing until you lose track of time.

PS2 or Gamecube mostly.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'd be interested to hear what you have to say about Oblivion.

I'll post what I think about the game in the "Impressions" thread a little later... All I will say for now is that I feels too damn much like Morrowind. The game is beautiful and runs extremely well (better then Morrowind does on the same rig if you can believe it). It's a huge open-ended world... But without a solid plot or cast of characters it's really hard to give a damn about anything...

Maybe I should try Role-playing a character who couldn't care less about what happens?

I'll post what I think about the game in the "Impressions" thread a little later...  All I will say for now is that I feels too damn much like Morrowind.  The game is beautiful and runs extremely well (better then Morrowind does on the same rig if you can believe it).  It's a huge open-ended world...  But without a solid plot or cast of characters it's really hard to give a damn about anything...

Maybe I should try Role-playing a character who couldn't care less about what happens?

Thanks.

478327[/snapback]

And i'd suggest Mount&Blade but my signature is already doing that. You can play it for a pretty long time. I've played it about 100 hours so far.

So if you are interested in some indie games, it's a good one.

centinexx.png

First hate consoles (without actual reason, just do it). Then hate every new RPG that demands more than one mouseclick (or any other input from the player) per minute (if I have to move a muscle, it's twitch and not a hardcore RPG!!1). Then come on a nerd board and whine about how bored you are (add how Planescape: Torment was the best RPG ever for extra points).

Trust me, it's not the games that are flawed.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!