Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday - New Interview

Llyranor

Of course if a whole bunch of us were interested in playing I wouldn't mind an MP game either. Though I'll probably contribute as much to it as I do to the Civ games :thumbsup:"

Though MP games of HOI can sometimes be silly without some house rules. Germany doesn't really stand a chance if a human is playing both USSR and UK. A ton of metagaming can occur if people want to be like that, but it can hinder the Axis pretty extensively. Nothing like having the US join the Allies in 1938 to ruin Germany's plans for conquest.

The new scenario starts in October of 1945 as the Soviet and Western Allies first clash. Soviet attacks against the Western positions are countered by nuclear attacks launched from Turkish air bases. From here, the outcome is pretty much up to you.

Sounds brilliant. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

1936-1953 should be a pretty fun session to go through, especially through coop. I also love the fact that you can switch nations on the fly whenever you load the game. Makes for very cool situations.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Yeah, you could give yourself a really good challenge by building up a country in a particular way, and then right before the conflict starts up, load up the other side.

I've never tried the coop same country though. I can imagine it'd be very useful for many of the majors, as the UK has conflicts on the home front, as well as Africa and India. Germany has a two front war, as does the USA. It sucks to miss some action on one part of the world while you're taking care of the details of an offensive in the other part.