Intel 82852/82855 gfx cards

I've read a few people on this board saying they got the game to work with these cards using the latest patch... and some who said they couldn't.

The patch readme said that Intel i915 chipsets are now supported... but chipsets are different from the Intel Extreme graphics cards, so I doubt they're talking about the same thing.

So before I buy the game, would it work with a 82852/82855 card? Or will I still get that infamous "black screen after intro" nightmare?

Thanks.

Edited by Miborovsky

Those are not cards.  Those are on-board chipsets.  Would be best to get a real video card if can.

Other then that.  Those chipsets should beable to run it with some settings off or low.

I know they're not cards, just didn't bother to be too technical. Getting a new card isn't an option for a laptop.

The whole reason I asked here is to make sure if it runs. So sorry but a "should be able" doesn't help at all. :"> Can someone who got the game to run with these say something?

I ran KotOR without minimal slowdown. KotOR 2 requirements are almost the same as KotOR, right?

No. Kotor2 is FAR more performance-draining on laptops than Kotor1 was... sorry. And besides that even the Top-of-the-line PC's experience slowdowns in Kotor2 (Jekk Jekk Tar or other Smoke locations anyone?)...

I ran KotOR without minimal slowdown. KotOR 2 requirements are almost the same as KotOR, right?

No. Kotor2 is FAR more performance-draining on laptops than Kotor1 was... sorry. And besides that even the Top-of-the-line PC's experience slowdowns in Kotor2 (Jekk Jekk Tar or other Smoke locations anyone?)...

The smoke will slow down even my Alienware PC...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Athlon XP 2400, GeForce 4 Ti 2700 AGP8x (same clock speed as late end Dx9 cards not OCed), 512 DDR PC2700, 500watt PSU, 2 60gig WDC, Windows XP Pro SP2. Processer, Ram, and Vid card can be OCed..haven't done so yet--with BIOS settings.

Minimal apps loaded, unused services disabled, both drives with more then 25% free space, page file on seperate physical drive from system drive set at 2gig, all spyware removed, all junk files removed, registy clean of junk entires, a few other performence tweaks.

My system tests at 105% of 7000 same speced systems.

Well the better frame rates were with my last MoBo. This one I still can't seem to get very far before some freeze, crash, graphical flashing or some other mishap. Once I actualy got to Telos with no issues..lol 7 hours of hassel free game play. But last day it's been 5mins system restart, freeze >.<

Actualy unless the DX9 card is OCed, it will actualy have lower frame rates then a DX8 counterpart. The DX8 cards have equal clock speeds, but due to not have DX9 support they render less on the same clock speed which presents higher frame rates. Simply break the cards down to rare clockspeed and render support and compare, screw the brand name, model name, driver support.

Unless there is an option in game to list FPS, I can't tell you exact numbers.

But it can be used to calculate the FPS between 2 point. What does it matter if it is 50FPS and 15FPS or 45FPS and 10FPS if it is only to see the performancedrop in Area X...

Ah well, I give up already on proving you the CPU-dependant smoke (so DX8 or DX9 card means jack) points give performance issues...