If this game were a term paper.....

Guest The Architect
First things first, I loved the first kotor. I'm replaying the second as I type this. But, I
Edited by The Architect

I stand corrected, forgive my presumptions Obsidian. Now begins LucasArts rant:

:ph34r:

Since you speak from obvious disappointment over the state of the game rather than genuine disgust for the people behind it, I think most people here will forgive you.

I really would have hated to be in Obsidian's shoes in this matter. They have a publisher and license holder on one side making rediculous demands on the deadline and then won't let you fix the stuff in a patch after the fact, while on the other side they have fans of the original KotOR screaming for their heads over how badly the game was slashed and mutilated. The phrase "between a rock and a hard place" comes readily to mind...

For future reference, I would suggest you make sure to express your disappointment first over the game only. Not only does that make your comments valid and difficult for other people to argue easily against, but it also has the benefit of not making lots of people angry with you. Most people here feel the way you do about the sad state of the game, but they do tend to jump to Obsidian's defense, because it really wasn't Obsidian's fault.

Heck, I half expect Obsidian to feel the way you and I do, only they can't say so for various reasons, or else they would incur the wrath of LA and not get to do more KotOR games... And if LA has learned from the scandal of K2's development, I would prefer to have Obsidian do K3, since this time they just be allowed to finish the game. I mean, K2 is great until you get about 70% through the game. Then the cuts rear their ugly heads with a vengeance... Thankfully we have Team Gizka, but bear in mind that they have now worked on the restoration project for almost as long as Obsidian did on the entire game...

And Obsidian did leave a lot (if not all) of the cut material in there in the PC version, so that it could be extracted later for those of us who wanted to work at it. Without that, the restoration project likely would not have been possible. In my book, that also speaks volumes about how Obsidian feels about the whole matter.

• 10 years later...

First things first, I loved the first kotor. I'm replaying the second as I type this. But, I�ve finally come to the realization that the only thing holding this game together is the cool Jedi stuff everyone loves. Missing cut scenes, missing levels, hacked off quests (assassin droids), and just in general horrible polish to the game overall. It works, but barely. If this game were a term paper, it'd be lucky to get a C- . Not only that, but the people trying to heal this wounded duck, are not the developers, but a dedicated group of fans, I believe its Team Gizka, who appear to be working harder than the dev's did in the 1st place.  And the graphics engine for the PC is ridiculous. I'd be better off with finger paints.  Was this game a cheep bid for money? One could make that argument.  Maybe I should be glad Kotor 3 was scraped, because if this game is any indication of the level of effort these developers put into their products, I�d rather not contribute to their paychecks for a thrown together, super glued with duct tape mockery of Kotor I, which in my humble (yes humble) opinion, is the most enjoyable RPG ever, and I don�t even like the genre. Why, oh why, did the dev's obviously not care enough to FINISH this game? Anyone know? 

It�s sad that I�m still expected to spend $20 on a new copy of this game when years later these clowns haven�t gotten around to fixing the cornucopia of glaring holes, nay, craters in storyline of this game. I don't think I�ll ever buy anything associated with Obsidian Entertainment again, because I work to hard to buy trash like this. Can I have my $20 back so I can go buy KOTOR I again?

Thank You Team Gizka for giving a damn. Especially since you don't get a cut from this games profits, just the joy of knowing your work is well done and enjoyed by many.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

C'mon dude the game wasn't totally HORRiBLE! But yes,a lot of the content was cut out of the game which greatly pissed me off. There wasn't enough sith fighting. It was always you fighting some damned bounty hunter or robot or mercenary. And the sith you would fight in the game weren't really sith, they were sith assasins. I also hated the fact that everyone called you a Jedi but you weren't reallya jedi. The ending was the worst Iv'e ever seen in a game,and you were able to Jedify EVERYBODY! One master! One apprentice! And Kreia wasnt your master, she was your teacherwhich is bull crap and it left you in a damned awkward position as to what you were.

Anyway, the game itself was good up to a point (climax*cough*ending*cough*) but the storyline itself was a load of bull ****. Thx to LucasArts for this lovely piece of **** game!!!!!!!!! thumbsup.gif

I heard a rumor that Kreia was actually at least heavily considered in non professional circles as the "2004 character of the year", seeing all of that zombie beyond death voice animation garden upraising surrounding disease of those ugly goggle eyes creatures, as perceived by discrimination against aliens on taris, which ithithorians needed protection from such bullies, and the guy that just barely, slightly, raises your connection to the force.

And that weird tree, standing in the middle of nowhere, I had no idea what kind of meaning or significance or possible message other than just seeing it in that permanent stasis that I could've possibly imposed upon it.

Many mysteries, strange coincidences, untimely parallels, and unexpected welcomes await you before crash landing into the restoration zone which, for permanently increasing your force, you must save chodo habat, before venturing down into the habitat below.

I'm afraid that you can't stay safe with frog people forever, seeing that carth comes flying in with a bad and ominous storyline of the handmaiden, who originally joined you after much lust and watching of your ship, or even joy riding with T3 and such, carth kind of ends bad news and distress about the old ways revan may succeed with, among many other destinies revealed later in the old republic spin off.

Aeons of Misery and Bliss | I, the legendary Dragon God of time, am the perfect One! | Galactic Super Civilizations Yahweh Vs. Lucifer Existential Game - The Terra Program | Ultrarevolutionary Omniversalism

Focusing the flow of feats and Critical Strike

http://aminoapps.com/page/pokemon/5160131/sabrina-character-appreciation

Sabrina StairCase