ATi hits the front

metadigital

Yes but the problem with ATI was their drivers, seeing as they are constantly breaking older games with each driver release. After a couple of years of ATI I swore that I'd never go back until they started doing decent driver testing rather than pumping out updates every month for PR's sake like they do at present.

Good reports about the new driver (6.2), apparently c. 40% speed up on OpenGL (Doom 3 type games) and a good 10%-ish on DirectX.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Good reports about the new driver (6.2), apparently c. 40% speed up on OpenGL (Doom 3 type games) and a good 10%-ish on DirectX.

That's the problem with ATI drivers - they're all about increasing FPS in the hot games of the moment, but sometimes they make older games unplayable.

I remember at one stage the recommended drivers from ATI were different for three of my favourite titles at the time (KOTOR, Thief 3 and BF:Vietnam). Fine if you only play one game at a time but I like to chop and change as the mood takes me.

Hmmm. I don't think Windows allows for different hardware configurations that have their own (video) drivers ... :-

Then again, I believe they are trying to address these issues with their newer releases. I hope. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT