My new computer is finallay opertational!!!

Arkan

Hey guys, I finally built my brand new pc (I'll post specs and pics, later, I'm a bit rushed for time). One question:

I can't seem to get my sound to work (24bit SBlive) properly. The mobo had onboard sound, and I think I disabled it through the BIOS (disabled onboard game port? Coudln't find anything specifically referencing sound) Do I have to uninstall the drivers in windows too? If so, how? I don't see the option in device manager...I feel this is the final step to total operation. Thanks in advance.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Sound conflicts can sink any game. (Off hand) one does have to unload the onboard sound drivers, before loading the new ones.

It's in the BIOS:

• Goto Onboard Peripherals and change the Audio Chip to disabled.
  • Goto Advanced Options/Chipset Settings and change ICH Audio Codec to disabled.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't think you have disabled your onboard sound yet. What brand is your mobo?

ASUS (A8N32-SLI Deluxe)

BTW, disregard the pressed for time comment. :D I posted this message on another forum last night.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I usually just install both the onboard soundcard drivers and the PCI soundcard drivers and then enable/disable the soundcard I want to use in the Device Manager (Control Panel/System).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I actually just use my on board sound.

I don't have the setup to take advantage of an elaborate speaker set up, and when my onboard sound card provided better sound than my outdated Live! I figured it was time to toss away the Live!

Get an X-fi card it rox :)

Thanks for the help.

Hey, you guys. Let's focus on the problem at hand here.

Haven't you fixed it yet? :)

Isn't it obvious since I'm still asking for help?

Haven't you fixed it yet? :)

Isn't it obvious since I'm still asking for help?

:)

Try clicking on the link.

I did. They were of no help. I've disabled the thing in my BIOS and as far as I know, there is no way for me to disable anything via Device Manager.

If it is disabled in the BIOS, then the Device Manager won't see it. (You could try re-enabling it in BIOS and disable it through the Device Manager, if you want.)

What is the problem, now? Error message?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If it is disabled in the BIOS, then the Device Manager won't see it. (You could try re-enabling it in BIOS and disable it through the Device Manager, if you want.)

What is the problem, now? Error message?

Ok, I figured out the root of the problem. The Creative software had the system set to digital output only. When I unchecked that, I had sound! Now there just this slightest "hissing" sound when I use the mouse and keyboard...

The mouse and keyboard cables are UNSHIELDED.

Not much to do about that, except move them as far as possible away form the speakers (I get interference from my monitor, too). :ermm:

Or, you could buy a cordless mouse and keyboard.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The mouse and keyboard cables are UNSHIELDED.

Not much to do about that, except move them as far as possible away form the speakers (I get interference from my monitor, too). :ermm:

Or, you could buy a cordless mouse and keyboard.

I suppose I'll have to get used to it, then, hehe. Won't matter much when I'm gaming, I figure.

Now I'm enjoying Sirius Online :cool:

Edited by Arkan