Resident Evil 4, Onimusha 3, Devil May Cry for PC

karka

Nothing wrong with this. People who may have had an interest in the games before but did not have the consoles will now be able to play the games. Hopefully, each conversion will make some use of the hardware it's going to be ported to, although I'm not expecting much beyond superior resolutions.

Nothing wrong with this. People who may have had an interest in the games before but did not have the consoles will now be able to play the games. Hopefully, each conversion will make some use of the hardware it's going to be ported to, although I'm not expecting much beyond superior resolutions.

Your right.

I'm buying RE4 for sure.

I don't plan to run it of my monitor though, ported console games always look a bit off running of a monitor.

And playing console ports with keyboard and mouse is generally difficult. So, i will buy a, Gamecube style controller(pretty similar design) for my computer.

Aren't there some kind of UBS converters for Gamecube controllers?

I have one for my PS2 control, handles really well in emulation. :ermm:

Yes there is a converter.

http://www.hartsunlimited.com/gacotopcusb.html

If you have a PS2, then why are you looking for the PC version. Just buy PS2 version.

centinexx.png

I can imagine Resident Evil 4 becoming too easy with mouse controls. But other than that it's a great idea! Let's hope they've saved the high resolutiuon textures fromwhen they made the game. Usually when a game is converted from Gamecube/Playstation 2 to PC, the textures look really washed out and.. dull.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Wow, they're getting desperate.

How is that getting desparate? I see it as reaching a broader audience.

RE4 was meant to be a gamecube exclusive consolewise.

Then because of their financial problems Capcom broke their agreement and ported it to the PS2.

I guess they're still hurting for cash to port these games now.

In the past they always released each version at the same time, and their agreement with Nintendo wouldn't have prevented them from making a PC game at the same time as the GC version.

Thus, I'm guessing they know they're screwed and are desperately trying to correct that.

I was about to buy a Gamecube for that game. I think, this pc port is bad for Nintendo and good for me...

I doubt your lack of purchase will bother them as badly as you think ;)

Hey, c'mon! Nintendo even can't afford production costs of Revolution without my money. Don't be surprised if you can't see Revolution. :)"

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

I was about to buy a Gamecube for that game. I think, this pc port is bad for Nintendo and good for me...

I doubt your lack of purchase will bother them as badly as you think ;)

Hey, c'mon! Nintendo even can't afford production costs of Revolution without my money. Don't be surprised if you can't see Revolution. :)"

:p :D