Ask the Gothic 3 devs!

Morgoth

I remember trying out Gothic II with a "questionable" download since I could not find a demo of the game. I have not been able to find it in stores anywhere (and I'm usually not ambitious enough to look for it online). I still have yet to beat the game. It was a very unforgiving world (in a good way though). Was interesting to explore the world only to have some Orc horde come and kick my ass.

I remember trying out Gothic II with a "questionable" download since I could not find a demo of the game.  I have not been able to find it in stores anywhere (and I'm usually not ambitious enough to look for it online).  I still have yet to beat the game.  It was a very unforgiving world (in a good way though).  Was interesting to explore the world only to have some Orc horde come and kick my ass.

If you think that "vanilla" Gothic 2 was hard just wait until you try it with the expansiondisc installed. Quite a rude awakening for many newcomers to the series. I personally feel that Pihrana Bytes overreacted when they turned up the difficulty, which in turn will probably turn away a lot of newbies.

If you think that "vanilla" Gothic 2 was hard just wait until you try it with the expansiondisc installed. Quite a rude awakening for many newcomers to the series. I personally feel that Pihrana Bytes overreacted when they turned up the difficulty, which in turn will probably turn away a lot of newbies.

It was actually requested from the fans that vanilla G2 was just too easy... Piranha agreed and made the expansion just a little harder. Heh.

But I think G3 will now have 3 different difficulties which may serve Gothic fans, hardcore Gothic fans and "teh Gothic hardcore champions". N00bs may be better suited with Oblivion. :p

I loved the new difficulty :(

I didn't mind the increased difficulty but I didn't agree with the new skill system where the cost of increasing a skill is doubled after 30% and tripled after 60%. I understand why they implemented it but I feel that they could have set the limit a bit higher than every 30%. Mercenaries won't notice it as much as they usually only have to invest in strenght and whatever weapon they choose but as a Mage things get hairy quite fast.

The magic system wasn't my favourite either since it quickly turns into a chug-a-thon and if you run out of potions in the world (or doesn't have Alchemy) you are screwed. A slowly regenerating mana system would have helped but what I have read this far of Gothic 3 it will change the magic system quite a bit.

They've started answering a few of the (badly translated) questions. None of my questions have popped up yet.

Anyhow, I found this picture on the Gothic 3 boards.. thought it was kind of funny.

weihnachtskarte.jpg

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

They've started answering a few of the (badly translated) questions. None of my questions have popped up yet.

Anyhow, I found this picture on the Gothic 3 boards.. thought it was kind of funny.

weihnachtskarte.jpg

I guess Santa had one christmas list too many. :blink:

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

I quite enjoyed the first two Gothic games, though I've never played the expansions. The control sceme is no harder to get used to than any other system, and after a while it becomes just as fluid as any.

It was one of those games that I play til the wee hours of the morning...

I'm anxiously awaiting Gothic 3.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Since I love the music in both the Gothic's, I'll provide a link to a brand new (released yesterday) snippet of the Varant Desert music that is going to be used in Gothic 3:

http://download.piranha-bytes.com/gothic3/...ic3ethnomix.mp3

Two of my six questions have by now popped up in the thread, but none has been answered yet. Typical.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!