lol

So I was reading the 2004 edition of Xbox Magazine I belive it was from April. well anyways it had a few upcoming announcments in it. Kotor 2 was in the announcment and there was a release date section for upcoming games. It said SW Republic Commando should have been released in November but it was released in March 2005. And kotor 2 which I belive should have been released in Febuary, is released in December with a weird ending.

Well anyways if they were going to switch the relese dates they could have made at least of the games have a good ending. Anyone else thinks so too?

btw no Im not weird becasue I read old magazines

what i dont get is why people shorten realease dates. After-all selling an un-satisfactory game is hardly going to make them profit more then if the waited a couple more months and released a complete game as a result.

partly because they couldn't have anything compete with the Epi III game.

and, I think, partly because K2 became something of a political football.

originally, K3 was to be an internal LA project but the LA people got laid off (while K2 was still in development)....that meant that future KOTOR games would probably be done by contractors as well....the rest is speculation but I think you get the idea...some folks weren't too happy about to whole thing and, well, I probably shouldn't say any more.

K2's lack of post-production support (from the publisher) does, I think, show what a political football it had become.

what i dont get is why people shorten realease dates. After-all selling an un-satisfactory game is hardly going to make them profit more then if the waited a couple more months and released a complete game as a result.

Simply; Loads of people buy gifts for the X-Mas Tree... and if you can get your game to be one of these gifts...

No Republic Commando was delayed from a 2004 launch to a 2005 and kotor 2 was rushed from a 2005 date to a 2004. And trust me Republic Commando was short and the ending sucked I mean they should give you a option to save sev or leave him.

I mean comeon Sev was the bad ass clone

Funny, I cannot find anything on the LA site about the release of Republic Commando. Can find original release date (Fall 2004) and the original release date of KOTOR2 (Feb 2005). And the "Gone gold" of Kotor2 can be found (Dec. 2004) but it mentions nowhere when RC has "gone gold" :)

Even odder; Star Wars Battlefront has "gone gold" twice... for all 3 platforms at both times :huh:... Gotta love LA :huh:

Edited by Battlewookiee