CIV Discussion

Jumjalum

Maybe I can get in on a game. If my schedule loosens up a bit, I think it could be fun.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The plan was this weekend, and i'm going to be away the weekend after, so unless we start with a hand short (either way) we will have to put it off for a few weeks.

We can put it up to vote or whatever.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Hmm, you know what. There are only 5 of us. Instead of making it be a scheduled weekly session, we should be able to have sporadic sessions when we happen to all be on. Perhaps we could be encouraged to be on more during the weekend, and that'll just ensure more sessions during that time, but flexibility will allow us more gaming time in the long run. This, of course, requires that we keep Xfire turned on when we're available.

Hadescopy.jpg

Also, with these sporadic sessions, we could have multiple sessions going on. Some with just 3 of us, some with 4, some with all 5, etc. Depending on who's on. Heck, Jumjalum is technically in a session with me and Nick, though we haven't played in over a week :rolleyes:

Hi BB!

Hadescopy.jpg

Hey! :p

Sorry I've been working and playing DoD:Source too much and our civ game has kinda been left behind. Sounds like a good plan about playing anytime we're on, if the five of us actually end up online at the same time. :)"

Edited by Jumjalum

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Okay, so just to clarify. There won't be an official session this Saturday. If everyone's on, then great. Otherwise, don't feel obligated to show up if you're busy. Just make sure you keep Xfire on when you're free.

Hadescopy.jpg

I Got Civ 4 yesterday, so technically I'm available for an online game. However, I'm still learning how to deal with the new/changed stuff in the game. This means I'm probably not a whole lot of fun to play with as I'm still not very good. However, if that's not a problem for you people, feel free to invite me.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm pretty busy at the moment unfortunately with various stuff that came up all of a sudden. I'm still up for playing but it's hard to say when I'll be able to so just pick an AI for me if you want to start a game, you can even pick on it if you like.

staringcontest8og.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, maybe this sporadic thing isn't that great an idea, since we just end up not actually playing.

In any case, I'm testing how the Civfanatics forums work. They seem like finding players/sessions there could work.

Hadescopy.jpg

Sorry Lly, I've been really busy for the past two weeks doing sound and lighting for a drama production so I haven't been able to play much of anything. I was looking forward to some Obs civ action too. :thumbsup: Do you post at Mistress' Lair? They might be up for some civing.

staringcontest8og.gif

It's not the lack of players that's the problem. I could easily schedule some sessions on Civfanatics. It's just that we were technically supposed to have sessions together, so I kind of feel bad with the results.

Hadescopy.jpg