Why did Troika make ToEE?

Kaftan Barlast

I suppose I should have written "beyond being updated to 3.5"

Because after having played ToEE, the NWN combat feels very simplistic, boring and devoid of strategy.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I felt like that before I played ToEE for I knew what DnD combat was al about and NWN wasn't it. DnD is not a single player game. It revolves around the party of at least 4 people. That is the optimal party size and what the rules are balanced for. Bioware couldn't get that in their thick heads and that is why their is no challenge in the NWN game..

Edited by Judge Hades

Off topic, slightly, but has anyone heard of a mod for Temple of Elemental Evil called Circle of Eight? It's supposed to be quite good from what I hear, but I haven't had time to try it out myself.

uh, circle of eight is the fan group that has put out a bunch of patches, but isn't really a "mod" so to speak. it does, however, turn on a bunch of deleted quests and adds some new content. this is really the patch that makes the game sort of complete, at least not so much a beta effort.

shining ted over there is working on an actual module, i think keep on the borderlands. i'm not sure how he's doing the graphics, since they look different than what i remember from the game (i assume it works the same as bg2 mods, where you reuse art and graphics with your own critters, triggers and dialog, but i can't be sure).

you can find it all at www.co8.org, btw.

taks

comrade taks... just because.