Revolution Controller At Work

LoneWolf16

Ill believe it works when I try a NR and the controls prove to be precise and responsive enough to allow me to play something like Q4 with it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

hey that's my old favorite level from half-life "Kill-box" aahh brings back memories! ^_^

and the controller looks like it could cause some serious tensions in your hands and arms in just a matter of hours .. holding it in the air like that!

Fortune favors the bald.

Ill believe it works when I try a NR and the controls prove to be precise and responsive enough to allow me to play something like Q4 with it.

Why would there be a delay like you seem to indicate?

I wouldn't know either. Most wireless uh...mice I've used have never had any noticeable delay in response time. I don't imagine this would be any different.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

The NR controller will send much much more complex information, such as tilt and full 3D positioning and aiming, over greater distances. But what could be the greatest problem is the precision of the positional sensors that will detect where on the TV you will be pointing it.

But thats just me being pessimistic, it might work like a charm.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Distances should not matter. Unless you're concerned that the speed of light isn't fast enough to transmit. If it had the range, we wouldn't be able to notice any delay regardless of where you were standing on the entire planet.

It will definitely require more bandwidth. Though I've not known current input peripherals to be particular bandwidth hogs. The rest of your points are valid concerns, but I don't think delay will be much of an issue :(