My Pokemon Party

I asked a friend about it, and he suggested I pick up a GBA version first. What do you think?

They are all good.

Obviously in the GC version you get the nice graphics but the mechanics are basically the same.

The big differences are in the GBA version you get to roam the map freely where as in the GC version you can only use the overland map to access specific locations.

In the GBA version you have to use HM's (hidden moves) to open up new travel routes. In the GC version you access them in different ways as part of the plot.

If you have never played a Pokemon game before Fire Red or Leaf Green are probably the easiest to get into. Emerald is really good value too with a totally different set of pokemon (in the most part).

But that said I'm having a blast with this XD one and the battles are better overall than all but the frontier region in emerald.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Forgot the biggest difference :">

In the GC version almost all the battles are double battels. Meaning you have two pokemon out at a time.

In the GBA version most battles are single battles meaning you only have one out.

Double battles are more difficult and speed takes on a greater importance. Also it's not just enough to send out a pokemon that is advantages (like in single) since the AI will almost always send out something to cover it's weakness.

For example it will send out a water pokemon which you could counter with electricity. But it may also send out a ground type which will almost certainly OKO your electric pokemon either after it has acted , or before depending on speed.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

From what I've read on a couple of sites it sounds pretty good. I think I'm either going to pick up a GBA version now, and wait until my birthday (which is Tuesday) to get XD, or the other way around. Either way the game sounds like some fun, and a decent RPG.

Im in the final dungeon now.Have to rethink the party though and add two shadow pokemon because im getting decimated by twin shadow attack. Golbats been "killed" a few times and thats put the evolution into Crobat in jepordy.

478327[/snapback]

I had two Zigzagoon called Ziggy and Zaggy. They didnt actually fight, all they did was pick up things. By the end of the game I had 30 something rare candies which equate to 30 free levels. As well as a ton of nuggets and stuff like that.

May not be the strongest Pokeom, but it's one of the most useful since it can also take most of the HMs so you dont have to weaken your fighting squad with them.

478327[/snapback]

Fire Pokemon dont show up for a while.

Numel is pretty good since it can use both fire and ground attacks. Want to keep it away from water though. It's slow though which is a weakness. Slugma is another one , same weakness. And there is vulpix. Fire Pokemon are thin on the ground in Hoenn.

Tailow is an ok flying starter. Skarmory is good later on (it's rare so if you dont know where they are it will take some luck).

I tend to use dragon types as my flyers and use TM's to teach fly.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]

I was really hoping I'd be able to get my hands on a Charizard, I think his name was? He was a good flying/fire mix.

The only way you could do that would be to import a Charmander from red/green.

478327[/snapback]

I think there are 386 I'm missing two of them. Jirachi and Celebi.

Heres my final line up for XD.

Espeon

Electabuzz

Lugia (w00t)

Shiftry

Salamence

Pupitar (didnt get it to 55 to evolve into Tyranitar)

post-481-1132883016_thumb.jpg

post-481-1132883087_thumb.jpg

post-481-1132883111_thumb.jpg

post-481-1132883124_thumb.jpg

post-481-1132883138_thumb.jpg

post-481-1132883209_thumb.jpg

478327[/snapback]

Espeon hasn't done much. Must be the reason for the feline likeness ...

Espeon is already a fully evolved form from Evee. Most of them evolve as they level , but Evee has a stone based evolution which means they level up really early on. Mine evolved into an Espeon at level 12.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]

I've no idea what any of you are talking about :)

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

That means that you might need to consider:

a) changing the thread

b) playing the games

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

^Raichu. Pikachu's butch cousin of questionable affection.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds