You thought A Halfdragon mindflayer was bad?

Kaftan Barlast

In my experience, people who are of opposite law/chaos alignments get along far worse than peopel of opposite law good/evil alignment. If you know what I mean. I know they certainly would have more trouble adventuring together.

"Why are there toenail clippings in the rationpacks?"

"Somebody has eaten all the chocolate chips out of these bags of trailsnacks."

"You didn't set up the tents while I was getting the water?"

...Plaintive cries of a lawful character among chaotics.

Is this what you meant? If so, I would agree with you but it would look like I was just blowing my own trumpet, after making a similar observation directly above ... ;)"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

In my experience, people who are of opposite law/chaos alignments get along far worse than peopel of opposite law good/evil alignment. If you know what I mean. I know they certainly would have more trouble adventuring together.

"Why are there toenail clippings in the rationpacks?"

"Somebody has eaten all the chocolate chips out of these bags of trailsnacks."

"You didn't set up the tents while I was getting the water?"

...Plaintive cries of a lawful character among chaotics.

Is this what you meant? If so, I would agree with you but it would look like I was just blowing my own trumpet, after making a similar observation directly above ... ;)"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yes, I was agreeing with you, you *censored* eedjit. Except I could have made that clearer.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It can be fun to play an evil campaign, now and then, but in my experience it usually works best if there is some sort of reason why they are forced to work together (may not be as big of an issue with Lawful Evils). For instance, if they're all minions of a very powerful dragon or demi-god or high priest of e-veel, which would cause them to avoid any inter-party assassination attempts...

evil_twin.jpg

But inter-party assassination attempts are fun! :)

...and the only one who tried to PK in our campaign was a pesky Lawful Good <_<

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, yah, those can be fun ... I think I meant more along the lines of keeping the player arguments down to a minimum. And the raping and pillaging.

It's fun to be evil sometimes, as long as players don't take it personally if someone roleplays a badguy partymember stealing their treasure or the like.

evil_twin.jpg

It can be fun to play an evil campaign, now and then, but in my experience it usually works best if there is some sort of reason why they are forced to work together (may not be as big of an issue with Lawful Evils).  For instance, if they're all minions of a very powerful dragon or demi-god or high priest of e-veel, which would cause them to avoid any inter-party assassination attempts...

Evil games work well with any form of evil.

Lawfuls have a pecking order and a plan.

Neutrals have a plan, an order, and a backup plan to get ahead and backstab someone who's in the way.

Chaotics make for a good warhoard... with infighting inevitable.

But inter-party assassination attempts are fun! :o

...and the only one who tried to PK in our campaign was a pesky Lawful Good <_<

PKs :)

I tried that once in an a group of evil npcs. I was going to kill the leader and claim his leadership. But that failed because my "friend" got ot me first, working her way up the ladder. After that I follow this wonderful quote "Keep your enemies close but keep your friends closer."

My brush with PK in tabletop RPG was when I played an evil character in an otherwise pretty normal party. There was a Paladin in the group too but he tolerated me but then the GM forgot his brain at home and had the Paladin order issue a Fatwah to kill me...

He ambushed me very sneakily but I got away and then he killed another PC that tried to step between us before I blasted him to kingdom come with my 1337 spells. And so, half the group lay dead.

The GM later stated that "I didnt think he would actually do it!" yeah right.. like a Paladin would disobey a direct order from his Grand Master

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

*quickly stabs Gabs in the back*

I was only trying to prepare you for next time =]"

In group infighting gets old quick in my experience, especially when proeprly roleplayed. We once had an entire campaign derailed by the need to subdue our psychotic genius of a navigator.

There's nothing like waking up in a cryotube and finding it won't open...

Frightening. Much more frightening than any beasty, but wouldn't want to do it again.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

In group infighting gets old quick in my experience, especially when proeprly roleplayed.

Yah.

Our group has had inter-party conflicts, roleplayed, at various times over the years, and it kinda is not as enjoyable as when everyone's on the same page with their evil.

I mean, I'm there to have a good time, not to argue (even just pretend) with my friends.

evil_twin.jpg

PC vs. PC battles, and storylines are awesome.

I have a host of stories including a battle that nearly tore down a mountain (figuratively speaking)and wiped out a town (not so figuratively hehe ;))because us PCs went at it.

All in good fun!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The backstabbing s.o.b. took up backstabbing full time and we simply had to stop playing with him. He later went to work for a 'certain' massive US construction consultancy.

True story.

-Elwood Blues