'Breaking' your party members for influence??

I was searching through the posts for exact situations to influence HK47 while playing a LS character and i found this post, i'll just paste it here...

Well I managed to totally lose influence with T3M4 by being mean as much as possible and was able to get the final wisdom bonus for the PC.

I suspect that losing influence completely with the NPCs that can become Jedi work the same. Take the NPCs with you that usually give positive influence with LS events and do the exact opposite. Kill innocents and treat them like dirt. When influence is completely negative (and can't go down anymore), you will have completely "broken" them and should have opportunity to turn them to Jedi. Only Atton seems to respond well to gaining influence whether with DS or LS acts depending on how you handle them. Only thing is, though they turn Jedi, in all likelihood, they will be completely opposite in alignment to your PC LOL.

Next time, I plan to take Hk47 along and do acts which he is completely critical of to totally lose influence with him and unlock his conversation to gain the stat bonuses.

Heres a link to the thread but it doesn't offer much insight http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=32175&hl=#

What i want to know is has anyone actually tried this besides this person with any success? I personally don't believe the game's 'influence mechanics' is intelligent enough for this to be possible!?

Of course it would make plenty of sense that it should work that way for a DS exile of course i just can't believe that the game is that smart or this would be a more popular option.

Edit: Adding a bit more to support Jeremiah's theory.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=32767&hl=

Its just one post, no replies for some strange reason.

Now i'm wondering if i get HK47 and be a complete angel (since i'm LS) to the point of making him sick will that unlock his back story once he hits 0 or negitive influence?

Edited by cerealkiller

I still don't get how if you have the lowest influence possible with someone, that they will want to tell you everything (i'm kind of talking more realistically here) they know about something, or even become a jedi and follow you!

It's crazy :thumbsup:

I still don't get how if you have the lowest influence possible with someone, that they will want to tell you everything (i'm kind of talking more realistically here) they know about something, or even become a jedi and follow you!

Well i wasn't really thinking of this realistcally but in that case i would think of it more like this...

If the exile is DS then a character with their 'will broken' would be confessing their backstory like someone would during a interrogation instead of someone who would be confessing their backstory to a friend they trust.

yes, it is possible to get the stories and convert your party members into Jedi by either loosing or winning influence. This is due to the conditional scripts that check when a dialogue options opens up.

You start with 50 influence on each party members. 100 is total influence and 0 is no influence. An example would be to convert Bao-Dur into a Jedi. The script checks if you have either more than 90 or less than 10 influence points. If you meet those conditions, then you can turn him into a Jedi.

You can find a very detailed influence guide which lists every single influence (gain or loss opportunity) in the game here : http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153012 (the guide has been made using certain applications to spot the exact location of the influence opportunities)

Thanks for clearing that up Darth.

I grabbed the remote influence mod where Bao-Dur's remote would tell me my standings with party members for reference.

I'm not signed up with the lucasforums so i can't see the post you linked to but i'm assuming you're refering to the Complete Influence Guide by Chris Hendrickson. Its a Excel Worksheet file i believe.

Unless its a completely different guild alltogether? In that case i'll signup to check it out.

There's also a pretty complete influence guide floating round these parts here too, of which i found a Link! :wacko:

And yeah, cerealkiller, that does definatley make more sense to think of the Exile as "breaking the will" of the others in the party :)

Those are some awesome links, thanks for posting them. I have a related question:

I'm playing LS on my current play-through, and have just escaped Peragus. One of my goals this time around is to convert everyone except Canderous and Kreia (I've been told Canderous isn't possible) to Light Side Mastery. It would seem this is possible with G0T0, if I'm careful ... but what about HK-47?

If I use the afore-mentioned 'negative influence' technique, will this drive him to the light, of do I have to gain full (90-ish) influence and DSPs, then regain my LSPs to get him there?

I've seen a pic somewhere on this forum with HK in light side mastery, so it must be possible ...

Edit:

While I'm at it, I might as well ask how one converts your typically light-sided folk (Mira, Handmaiden, Disciple ... etc.) to the Dark Side in a DS game? I've read many of the influence guides out there extensively, but none of them seem to focus much on influencing the alignment of your party, just turning them into Jedi or getting plot awards from them.

Edited by Walker_Bogen

I managed to get everyone (accept canderous & kreia) to light side mastery. Its not too hard with most accept with HK47.

I would suggest do Nar Shaddaa right after Telos so that you have Dantooine and Onderon / Dxun to gain influence with HK47 and GOTO. With GOTO i ate a couple DS points i think but he wasn't too hard. Got a lot from conversations.

For HK i just get rid of other party members and murder a unimportent innocent and take the DS point. As long as you don't go nuts you can get your mastery back pretty easy.

Just a example, the old mechanic on Dantooine. Talk to him with a lightsaber in your hand with just HK47 in your party, he'll freak out and says he's gonna tell on you or whatever and you can murder him much to HK's glee.

Just make sure you don't do anything that earns you double DS points cause its not worth it to earn it back.

If I use the afore-mentioned 'negative influence' technique, will this drive him to the light, of do I have to gain full (90-ish) influence and DSPs, then regain my LSPs to get him there?

I believe you can advance the backstorys and earn whatever forcepoints or stat bonuses that you party will give you using the 'negative influence' trick but their alignment will not match yours like it does with positive influence. I haven't tested this personally btw, i think i read it somewhere in the forums.

In my opinion DS exile is harder to play. If you want a ship full of DS mastery party members you're going to have to eat a lot a LS points. I just don't see any other way around it if you want their alignment to match.

just my 2cents

I'm not signed up with the lucasforums so i can't see the post you linked to but i'm assuming you're refering to the Complete Influence Guide by Chris Hendrickson. Its a Excel Worksheet file i believe. 

Unless its a completely different guild alltogether? In that case i'll signup to check it out.

No, I was talking about Achilles influence guide which also includes two walkthroughs: one LS and one DS to allow you to gain max influence on your party members. The guide covers just about everything concerning influence and is the most complete guide I saw until now.

I promised Achilles that I would upload it on our website and here it is :thumbsup:http://www.starwarsknights.com/influence.php

There's also a small patch that fixes some influence bugs found while the author was making the guide.

(you shouldn't have any problems acccessing it now - the original guide was in a thread on the forums and unfortunately we had to temporarily disable guest browsing)

Edited by Darth333

Okay, thanks for the reply ;)

Since I'm limited to an Xbox, I can't 'take a peek' inside the programming, so I'm wondering how the DS / LS system and the influence system interract in regards to your party.

At this point, I'm guessing that a high influence with someone means that when the Exile gains DSP / LSP, that NPC does as well, whether they're currently in the party or not. Is this correct?

Walker_Bogen

I haven't played the XBOX verison but i don't believe they're very different from the pc.

The influence system seems to only be there to be able to pass 'influence checks' in the dialog with party members. Or in other cases to open up more backstory with them and be able to make jedis out of certain members.

But say the exile had LS mastery and takes a DS point, a NPC with 100% positive influence will also take the hit with their LS level. And yes that effects them weather they're in the party at the time or not i believe but i haven't checked that.

Darth333

Thanks for the link. Another bug patch to add to the ones i got from the team-gizka site. I just wish the readme file told exactly what dialog it corrects instead of being general.

Some of them i believe i know what they correct but a couple i'm not sure.

a_influence_inc.ncs & a_influence_dec.ncs & Atton.dlg: all three are required to correct the 'change your regret over the deaths at Malachor from a Dark Side shift to a Light Side shift.' I believe thats correct.

a_givecells.ncs & lasavvou.dlg: explains itself.

lootra.dlg: explains itself, i always thought it was odd that the increase was only 1 lousy point.

sakarie.dlg: i have no idea what this corrects.

saquesh.dlg: i have no idea what this corrects.

t3m4.dlg: explains itself.

visasmarr.dlg: no idea what 'grammatical error' its refering to but i suppose its no big deal.

Link to the patches readme file here.

Edited by cerealkiller