NHL is back

Fionavar

Comissar I'm curious as to your coverage from OLN.  Did you have to pay extra to watch hockey or is it part of their regular programming?  And you wouldn't know how many games are on on average for a week?  Everything I've been hearing about OLN and their telecasts has been bad.

Yeah, the hockey's part of their normal programming. So far this season, it looks like they average two games per week as far as broadcasts go. I can find the Caps fairly regularly on Comcast, since I'm in the DC area. I definitely preferred ESPN's hockey coverage, though. For one thing, I can't find Barry Melrose anywhere anymore, and he was always fun to listen to.

Got home earlier than I expected, and didn't realize that Comcast was broadcasting the Caps - Leafs, so I sat here like a moron watching the third period of Boston - Philly. Just happened to be flipping through, saw more hockey, and now I'm watching the Caps fall apart. Though Ovechkin's marked up his fifth multiple-goal game of the season. I swear, nobody can put the puck in the net on that team except for the kid. It's pathetic.

You dare rip Ollie the goalie?!?!? Actually Washington was one of my favorites a few years ago, Oates, Bondra,Gonchar. Then Ted Leonosis came along, signed Jagr to the second stupidest contract in history ( Mike Millbury and Yashin take that prize) , lost most of their games and proceeded to gut his own team. What an ****.

And Washington has way more problems than just goaltending.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Sure, but good goaltending would've taken the game tonight to overtime rather than a two-point loss. The very last goal, which Johnson handled (or didn't handle) was just crap; the second-to-last, Ollie was way the hell out of position, and Sundin just wrapped it around.

It's too bad you can't be watching the Oilers and Preds right now Commie, its a hoot of a game! Tied 1-1 with less than five left, its a clinic on end to end action with both goalies ( Vokoun and Markkenen) putting on a show ... :thumbsup:

And Nashville just pulled ahead with a minute forty two to go. At least I won't end up burning supper.

Which Edmonton quickly responded to, only to see a hand pass lead to the game winning goal for Nashville.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Sundin's third game, and also Sundin's third 2 point game!

Of course, two of those games ar againat Washington (The One Man Show!), and one of the games was a loss, but still! I'm only assuming he'll get better as he works the rust out of his system. The main problems the Leafs have right now is that Lindros seems to have died and the return of Sundin does NOT help the defensive side of the game. Sundin was never much of a back checker.. Where can Toronto find good d-men in the middle of the season?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ovechkin duplicated his performance Sunday when he scored twice in Washington's 5-4 victory over Toronto.

Ovechkin, the top pick in the 2004 NHL draft, leads all rookies with 12 goals. The 20-year-old Russian has five two-goal games in the first 15 games of his career.

"It's healthy for the league, having these young, exciting players coming in," Sundin said. "As long as you are the winning side, like we are tonight, I don't mind him scoring a couple of goals."

"These kids step on the stage right off the bat and they are something," Toronto coach Pat Quinn said of a rookie class that also includes Sidney Crosby.

Sundin might be a little too generous with Ovechkin. I know that his two goals didn't matter this time, but the kid has scored 4 goals against Toronto in 2 games! That's a bit much for my taste.

Also, coming from Quinn (the last comment), that's one hell of a compliment. I don't think he's even mentioned Steen publicly yet.. >_<

Ovechkin duplicated his performance Sunday when he scored twice in Washington's 5-4 victory over Toronto.

Ovechkin, the top pick in the 2004 NHL draft, leads all rookies with 12 goals. The 20-year-old Russian has five two-goal games in the first 15 games of his career.

"It's healthy for the league, having these young, exciting players coming in," Sundin said. "As long as you are the winning side, like we are tonight, I don't mind him scoring a couple of goals."

"These kids step on the stage right off the bat and they are something," Toronto coach Pat Quinn said of a rookie class that also includes Sidney Crosby.

Sundin might be a little too generous with Ovechkin. I know that his two goals didn't matter this time, but the kid has scored 4 goals against Toronto in 2 games! That's a bit much for my taste.

Also, coming from Quinn (the last comment), that's one hell of a compliment. I don't think he's even mentioned Steen publicly yet.. >_<

He said something like it before the start of the series, too. Something like, "If I lived in Washington, I'd have a season ticket just to watch that kid play."

Crosby's good, and I'm biased, but if Ovechkin keeps this pace up, I don't see how he avoids catching the Calder. He's getting almost no help from his team, and their two most recent wins came on his stick.

I've also done a little theoretical tinkering, and come up with what I think will be a line that'll give Washington a chance to win consistently.

First, they need to go out to Falls Church and find the fattest bum they can. They need to stick him in pads before every game, give him a heavy shot of horse tranquilizers, and shove him in the net. Then, they get four cardboard cut-outs of Darth Vader, duct-tape skates to the bottom, and throw them on the ice with Ovechkin. They need to have a fifth cut-out in reserve to toss out whenever he needs a breather.

Crosby's good, and I'm biased, but if Ovechkin keeps this pace up, I don't see how he avoids catching the Calder.

I do. He's not one of the "home grown boys". Ovechkin could score 50 goals and Crosby would still take the Calder. The hype is just too great.

Did you know that Nicklas Lidstr

Crosby's good, and I'm biased, but if Ovechkin keeps this pace up, I don't see how he avoids catching the Calder.

I do. He's not one of the "home grown boys". Ovechkin could score 50 goals and Crosby would still take the Calder. The hype is just too great.

Did you know that Nicklas Lidstr

I agree that the Calder (for better or worse) is Crosby's to lose. I'm more impressed with Ovechkin given the team he plays on.

As for Sundin's comments, it reminds me of when Michael Jordan came into the league.

I remember reading a quote from a Celtic (I think it was Larry Bird too) about how he enjoys watching Jordan put up 50 and 60 point nights, as long as the Celtics won the game. It seemed like fans echoed his sentiments. Everyone wanted to see this new offensive juggernaut perform insanely creative moves, but still wanted their team to win. It was two for one!

I agree that the Euros have gotten the shaft when it comes to awards.

And I also agree Crosby will most likely take home the Calder. Even though I'm reminded of the old 'a garbage can could score thirty goals playing besides Mario' joke. Not to say that Crosby isn't talented, but hopefully , hey who votes on this kind of stuff anyway? Is it fat sportswriters?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Remember we had a discussion about the best clutch players a while back?

I just found this on the Maple Leafs homepage:

"Sundin scored the winning goal and since the start of the 2000-2001 season has more winning goals, 34, than any other NHL player."

Source: http://www.mapleleafs.com/news/news.asp?story_id=1663

btw, That doens't mean I think sundin sucks. He's a greta player; but he's not even in the top ten maybe not even in the top 20 of clutch players still playing in the NHL.

And, no matter how many GWGs you cna list he has; it doens't change this fact.

Espicially, getting a GWG in a 7-3 game prove snothing. LOL

P.S. I didn't feel the need to research; but I seriosuly doubt he's the only player to do well in the GWG category.

Yeah, but as usual the Leafs win with a 1 goal margin. And Volourn can name at least 20 better clutch players than Sundin. Says a lot more about Volourn than Sundin, doesn't it?

Kor Qel Droma Posted Today, 05:54 PM 

Attention Insults will not be tolerated Oiler fan

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/jetstream/...v/harveyedm.wvx]

Watch its a bit old but has a good message none the less

post-14605-1131590639_thumb.jpg

Kiprusoff named defensive player of the week

0.33 goals-against average, .984 save percentage and two shutouts

Who is the man

Edited by Delta Truth