NHL is back

Fionavar

Well Canada took its first step towards ( hopefully) a gold at this years world junior championships, beating Finland 4-1. Not bad for a team with only one player returning from last years squad.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I just saw the Flyers - Panthers game and I have to say that that's some of the worst officiating I have seen in years. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw something so bad! They were inconsistant, calling the wrong situations and being overall chaotic to the point of both players and coaches not knowing if they should laugh or cry.

I pray to a god I don't believe in that they won't allow this CRAP in the Turin Olympics!!

Otherwise it was a good game, although both the goalies stole the show. Forsberg was invisible, but damn that rookie Eager looked good. I wonder if he plays that hard every game? Hitting, scoring, taking defensive responsibility, giving 100% in every shift.. just wow.

Oh yeah, and I am able to watch the games for the next week or so. I'll be watching the Leafs - Penguins game tomorrow night. Woo!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It looks like you might not be ssing Darcy Tucker tomorrow night, Mkreku. Since the league tends to look down on players who smack other players over the head with helmets and all.

And I guess Edmonton can share the lead in the northwest with Calgary. For today, that is.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Big game tonight as the Predators visit Calgary. A Preds win could very well put them in a tie for first (if Detriot can lose at Dallas).

I just hope the Flames are a little tired after their game last night (though it sounded like a good close win for them). The Preds have won five in a row, and outscored their opponents 26-13 in that stretch. :(

I was at the game in Nashville, and the Flames looked like the better team at the time (despite the Preds win). I am curious to see how we do on the road.

No Tucker, Lindros, Steen, Allison or Antropov. At least the Leafs are facing the Penguins and not Ottawa, so who cares if they can't dress a full team? :(

Well its seems Tucker was able to get off easy "Can someone tell me why if it in the rule book its left up to the interpretation of Mr Campbell, just like the Doan call.

It will only open up a can of worms in the future

Oh Snowcat its nice to see another hockey fan here I would wish your team luck but not tonight as it seems they are playing against my Flames; it should be an exciting game

I wonder how Nashville will play against more of a grinding team.. But after tonight I will cheer for Nashville when they play Vancouver and Edmonton Next :)

The Leafs - Penguins game just ended. It was a mediocre game where both teams looked a bit sluggish (except for the Penguins in the first 10 minutes). Some short bursts of speed were visible, and it looked like Sundin might be waking up from his coma (1 goal 2 assists) as he had a decent game. Not as dominating as I am used to, but still playing reasonably well.

Strangely enough the best player for the Leafs (except Tellquist in goal) was.. Mariusz Czerkawski! Now there's a surprise! Let's hope he keeps this tempo up, because he is sure to get something going if he can play like that for the rest of the season.

Oh.. And it's hard to believe Crosby is only 18. Nigh impossible to knock off the puck. Amazing kid!

Last night was a very physical game between the Preds and Flames. THat first period looked more like a rugby scrum than a hockey game. :blink: Fists were flying everywhere, Sullivan was face down on the ice for a few minutes, and penalities were being called left and right.

Somehow, the Preds manage to rally from an 0-2 first period and a 2-3 third period to win 4-3. :shifty:

Delta Truth, we'll try to take out Vancouver and Edmonton too to keep everything even. ;)

I just wish those darn Red Wings would lose a game. >_<

Well I just ordered the Oilers PPV against the Wild tonight. Hopefully there will be a better result than the turnover-frenzied-yawnfest of the game on Boxing day. I have a slight chance of climbing back into first in my hockey pool tonight with one of my teams ( please don't ask about the other one ;) ) if the gawds of luck are smiling down on me .

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Has anyone here heard about Evgeni Malkin? No? Well, you will, as soon as your junior national team faces the russians. Apparently he (Malkin) tore through the swedish mini wimps like Oprah through butter flavoured popcorn. I think Washington owns his rights. Not that Malkin cares, but still.. Ovechkin and Malkin on the same team? I'd pay to see that.

Has anyone here heard about Evgeni Malkin? No? Well, you will, as soon as your junior national team faces the russians. Apparently he (Malkin) tore through the swedish mini wimps like Oprah through butter flavoured popcorn. I think Washington owns his rights. Not that Malkin cares, but still.. Ovechkin and Malkin on the same team? I'd pay to see that.

Actually he will play second fiddle to Sidny Crosby next year in Pittsburgh

I am quite interested to see how he plays after hearing such good thing

For some reason, the Preds just cannot win in Vancouver. :geek: They haven't won there since 2000, despite having a lead much of last night's game.

The game was the opposite of the Flames game. This time, the Pred had a 2-0 lead, was tied at 2-2, took the lead 3-2, and lost the game 4-3. :)

Oh well, all streaks have to end sometime. It was a fun run while it lasted. The Oilers game on Friday should be pretty good. These teams always seem to play tough against each other.

Pittsburgh property? Hmm.. I wonder who I have him confused with?

And where does one find information of this kind? :-

Well there is a few places

TSN

Pittsburgh Penguins

Pittsburgh is going to be a stacked team in a few years of #1 or #2 pics ,

Fleury, Crosby, Malkin, and if they continue to play this bad they could be in place for a top pick again in 2006 I think

Does anyone know if Pittsburgh be allowed to get the top pick next year???

Oh yeah at least Nashville will be rested and have the league's top goalie ready to play in Edmonton o:) I love this close division

Edited by Delta Truth