NHL is back

Fionavar

And the Leafs lost their second in a row.

Ottawa keeps on winning of course.

Forsberg suffered a mild injury.

Not a good day at all.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

By the flipped side of the same coin:

The Oilers beat Calgary

Buffalo keeps on winning?

And Peter Forsberg suffers a mild ( hopefully season long) injury :)"

I held 5th and 6th in my work hockey pool, and was in first place in the Sportsnet pool with the Edmonton Oiler forum guys.

I'll call this day even.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

If we are going to express our opinion, here is some advice form the Roost: Do it without invective. Do it with consideration and respect of other members who may be younger and/or do take offense at posting presented without the foresight of politeness.

Thread pruned

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I am confused as well.

Maybe I should have said (D)ick Pound is an attention grabber who has nothing better to do but create headlines in an attempt to lift his own public persona.

Better?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I've had it happen a few times where a post I made gets placed into the wrong thread.

I wonder if Fionavar just had that happen to him.

In the future I'll make sure to not make any conjectures that the Oilers always win when I don't watch them :ermm:

I missed every single game tonight between work and our X-Mas party. Looking back I probably should have stayed home for HNIC, but two free drinks was just too tempting to pass up.

And maybe Mkreku you should repost your arguement with Volo about clutch goals with thislink.

No Oilers till Tuesday, thats just lame.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

And maybe Mkreku you should repost your arguement with Volo about clutch goals with this link.

Haha, I had no idea he actually held some kind of record! I just felt like he had to be up there among the best. I guess this proves my point somewhat.

But then again.. who has ever thought Volourn was anything but full of ****?

I went to the Sharks game last night...it was dreadfully exciting. It was a serious emotional roller coaster, which ended with the Sharks losing to the Red Wings 7-6. Shanahan scored the last two goals in the final 4 minutes.

I'm at a loss on the Sharks. The goaltending seems broken, but they keep playing Nabakov. They put pressure on all night and then get scored on every time the momentum shifts. They've lost 9 games in a row, and I'm pretty sure they have all been 1 goal games.

I'd be a bit surprised if steroids were rampant in the NHL because the advantages of drug use are relatively minor for the sport. Steroids build muscle, but hockey is more reliant on speed, agility, and vision than brute strength. The best players in the league are not built like baseball's sluggers.

I'm not saying hockey players aren't buff, but I doubt they would take the risk in this situation. Steriods do not help your agility.

I believe that in most sports they use steroids to help injured players. Your healing capacity tenfolds when you use certain hormones and/or drugs. It's not limited to hockey, but I don't think hockey is spared from it either.

I don't know if you NA guys realize it, but athletes from the US of A have always had a pretty bad reputation concerning doping around the world. Almost the same as the old Soviet union and China. It has to do with the very weak anti-doping laws the US had up until recently. One of the best things Bush ever did was to give the american anti-doping agency some sort of immunity so the athletes who are being tested can't sue the crap out of the agency everytime they get caught.

Here's a completely biased view on (D)ick Pounds comments.

There are what, maybe three players from the league who have admitted steriod use. Andrew Peters comes to mind, as does Rocky Thompson. Like stated in previous posts, I don't think that steriods should be the major concern.

Drug use exists in some form or another in every pro sport. But until standardized tests are introduced for all players ( covering performance enhancers as well as the juice) and the entire league is tested, Pound should not be making those kinds of statements.

Olympic hopefulls are under the microscope this year, and Team Canada has admitted that in the past the odd player has failed his test. But where do you get a third of the league from that?

What access does he have to medical reports, blood samples and a players history? Next to zero. How can he come to any sort of conclusion without evidence.

Pound is a lawyer, which pretty much exempts him from rational thought ( sorry Gromnir). He's probably making a killing from the IOC or whoever pays him. Plus deep down don't you feel like he's a shlump just trying to make sure he gets himself some airtime?

Now you having me wondering about Mats Sundins incredible healing abilities... ;)

edit:and I just about forgot to ask how was the Caps/Pens game Commie? You know I'm starting to come around to the fact that you're not Eldar.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Now you having me wondering about Mats Sundins incredible healing abilities... :blink:

Trust me, you're not the only one. When he came back from that ankle (or foot) injury after seven games, a lot of eyebrows were raised in Sweden. The sick thing is that swedish players come to Sweden during their summer practice every year, and every year the NHL are threatening to sue swedish anti doping agencies because they want to test the players.

By the way, I would kill myself if I was in a hockey pool and I didn't have Kovalchuk in there somewhere..

Here's a beautiful shootout goal by former Canuck Marek Malik.

In other news, the Oilers are 8th......two points out of 2nd!

And Oiler netminder Mike Morrison picked up defensive playa of the week!

As for Kovalchuk, yes I'm regretting not having him in my pool. Savard and Hossa make up for it somewhat, but they aren't half as consistent ( that sounds really weird when we're talking about Kovalchuk).

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Toronto beat Florida tonight. Not a very convincing victory though, and the Leafs were lucky that Belfour was having one of his more consistent nights in a long while. Must be nice for his old self esteem to outplay Luongo.

Well the Oilers gassed a chance to move past Colorado and come withing a point of division leader Vancouver tonight. You have to play the whole sixty minutes boys.

But at least we scored two more goals than Calgary did tonight. And Mike Peca (hopefully) got the monkey off his back by scoring his second goal of the season .

All this and Martin Havlat goes down with a seperated shoulder. What a **** day for my hockey pool.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Ottawa wins again. Alfredsson, Spezza and Heatley score like 90% of the team's goals (points) again. One thing that's odd though is how every article I read about the Alfredsson/Spezza/Heatley line is all about Heatley and Spezza. They barely mention Alfredsson for some reason. It's like he's not even part of the line when it comes to the praise (which bothers me endlessly by the way.. stop praising Ottawa, they will still choke in the playoffs, stupid hockey journalists!). Why is that?

Anyhow.. Toronto are taking on the reigning champs tonight. Luckily for us, the reigning champs aren't exactly playing as champs right now. Except for Modin. Modin, the guy who once used to play for the Leafs but was deemed too lazy, has been a scoring machine in the last three (or so) games. I'm scared ;)

Sharks are working on a trade. My hope is they bring in a solid defenseman and let Stuart or Hannan go, but I doubt they'll deal those two. It sounds like Nils Ekman or Dimatrakos are on the chopping block, but I don't see how either of those guys have value. There was also talk about Marco Sturm, but that would be a bad idea, because he's off to a slow start but he was injured the end of the last season, he just needs time to recover his game.

I'm starting to hate Nabakov, but I don't think there's any good goalie for goalie trades to be made (unless we can get Luongo)

Sharks are working on a trade. My hope is they bring in a solid defenseman and let Stuart or Hannan go, but I doubt they'll deal those two. It sounds like Nils Ekman or Dimatrakos are on the chopping block, but I don't see how either of those guys have value. There was also talk about Marco Sturm, but that would be a bad idea, because he's off to a slow start but he was injured the end of the last season, he just needs time to recover his game.

I heard Darryl Sutter likes Marco Sturm, how about a second round draft pick

sound familar :thumbsup: