When did Tulak Hord live?

This question was raised on Wookieepedia. Before KOTORs, known Dark Lords of the Sith go in the following order: Ajunta Pall, Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, Ludo Kressh, Freedon Nadd, Exar Kun, Darth Revan, Darth Malak. Now the question is: where in this sequence is the place for Tulak Hord?

Kreia says Tulak Hord was a lightsaber master, yet the Sith did not use lightsabers until the Great Hyperspace War. This places him sometime between Kressh and Nadd. Yet he is buried on Korriban in a normal tomb, not a "secret" one like Kressh, and not on Dxun like Nadd.

And I'm not even asking about Darth Andeddu, who is one big inconsistency...

Tulak Hord falls after Ludo Kressh but before Freedon Nadd. Your guess was correct. And She does say he was the greatest duelist, but then goes on to talk about how the present day jedi who use lightsabers are merely children with toys compared to the Old Sith Lords. Not sure what she was trying to get across, whether or not he weilded a lightsaber. I was under the impression that it was only Ludo Kressh who chose to use a double edged sword.

Im not 100% sure either, but this is the most obvious time period for him. Naga Sadow, Tulak Hord, Ajunta Pall and Marka Ragnos are talked about extensively in KOTOR I by the Sith archaeologist. Havent played the game in a while thogh so this is from memory.

are you sure kreia actually says that he was a lightsaber master, i thought that she only said that he was master at melee stuff.

Yep. This is straight from the .tlk files:

Kreia: This was the tomb of Tulak Hord, known as the greatest lightsaber duelist of the Sith Lords. His skill was considered remarkable even in his time, when many true lightsaber masters lived.

Exile: What made him so good?

Kreia: That is unknown. But supposedly he created a holocron to teach his technique to other Sith. The holocron would have been laid to rest in his tomb. Unfortunately, Tulak Hord's tomb was among the first penetrated by the graverobbers of the new Sith order. If the holocron has survived, I doubt anyone living would know its location.

Exile: Are you saying modern Jedi are poorly skilled with the lightsaber?

Kreia: If you were to face an ancient Sith Lord in combat, you would learn that we are as children playing with toys compared to the prowess of the old Masters.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

• 9 years later...

wrong read this 

"This isn't Marka Ragnos's holocron. It belonged to Tulak Hord! The most mysterious Dark Lord of them all. It is the key to his long sought-after power! It means Tulak Hord must have built the tombs himself, long before Marka Ragnos or Naga Sadow were even born! And his power is finally in reach!" ―Lord Zash[src]

Carved into the rock face of the lower valley, the tomb of Sith LordMarka Ragnos was actually built by the Sith Lord Tulak Hord long before Ragnos's reign. Upon Ragnos' death, a funeral processionclimbed the massive stair case which led deep into the heart of the tomb. Following the burial, rival Lords Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh dueled upon the tomb's outer courtyard as both Sith vied for Ragnos' title. The tomb was sealed and Ragnos' slaves buried with him, and with Sadow victorious theSith Empire was led to war with the Galactic Republic.[3] The Empire was utterly ruined during the costly warwith the Republic as Sadow retreated and a portion of the Empire fled to Dromund Kaas. The Republic's leader Supreme Chancellor Pultimo ordered the destruction of Korriban and saw to the bombing of the Valley of the Dark Lords; the tomb lay buried under sand and rubble for millennia as the spirits of the Sith seethed under the surface of the ruined world.[1]