Day of Defeat Source

Since I'm a huge DoD (day of defeat fan) my friend and I decided to rent a server and start a community. If this goes well, I'll probably host an NWN2 PW server when the time comes around.

So, if you like WWII FPS (even though it's on steam and WWII FPS have been hammered like mad), are looking for teamplay, and all that great stuff, check it out and lend me a hand with increasing my population ;-)

FYI: The forums were just put up today.

pointblank_wb.jpg

http://www.pointblankgaming.com

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

Cool kyrilic fonts. :cool:

How much does DoD cost? I might join while waiting for CoD 2. Just watched the Guns of Navarone and The Dirty Dozen, so I'm in the mood.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

$19.99 if you go through steam :thumbsup:\ I do believe it's in the Counter Strike: Source retail at stores. But that's $40. Also, I do realize being the Obsidian boards there's a chance of the "I hate t3h FPS" stuff. But, I have to start somewhere.

EDIT: My FTP account isn't working, so if you end up joining the forums, you'll have to suffer with subSilver until it's fixed. BOO!

You can get it for 20 bucks on Steam.

DoDS is pretty much freaking awesome. The gameplay changes I find are all for the better. I like the new class balance much more, which promotes more integrated teamwork. Rifle grenades and ironsights make the rifleman my favorite class. Smoke grenades, deploying MGs on any surface, etc, all great features. Firefights are much more immersive now, thanks to:

1) Gameplay changes, making long and close range combat much more engaging

2) Godly sound (no ambiant crap, if you hear MG fire to your left, don't go out in the open in that direction)

3) Source engine really adds to immersion. <3 ragdolls. This is, of course, just a bonus.

DoD was already pretty much my favorite online FPS, so this really adds to it. There are only 4 maps so far, and the British haven't been implemented yet, but the dev team is constantly working on fleshing out new content.

I just wish dod_charlie was among the included maps :thumbsup:

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I used to play DoD back in the day.. around beta..mm.. it was long long before it was commercially released. Then we got into a big fight with the devs and they banned us all from their forums :D ..then they banned a big chunk of people for saying they were wrog to ban us.. then they banned the rest for asking why they had banned so many people :wub:

I hate Valve, and Steam even more so no DoD:S for me :blink:

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I hate Valve, and Steam even more so no DoD:S for me :blink:

Can't say I disagree... :wub:" Though, they have made changes and it's far less inconvenient and bugged than it was before. If you ever change your mind, you're more than welcomed to make your home with us.

EDIT: Got FTP up and the new forum graphics are rockin'.

Guest Fishboot

I hopped on tonight for a bit (PN: Zomg). I could use a little bit of teaching since I haven't played DoD, CS or Team Fortress before, unless someone that neophyte isn't welcome.