KOTOR First Impressions.....

roshan

The combat is boring and doesn't get any better.  The art keeps getting recycled, and the dialogue isn't great.

The characters got a bit annoying.

People love KOTOR because of the plot.  When you beat the game, and can comment on the plot, you may enjoy the game more.  But I think KOTOR on the whole is decent, but overrated.

What is the poiint oif the ploit if it cant be enjoiyed becauise the bad gameplay keeps getting in the way? I cannoit believe that this game goit all thoisie rave reviews.

Hah! I would keep going until you get off Taris, at least.

I juist entered the military base..... Doii I have muich moiire ahead oifi me?

Anyway noiw Im goinna play falloiuit 2 again. Buit ill leave koitoiir oini my hard drive, maybe soimieday ill have accuimuilated anoiuigh willpoiwer toi get back toi it and finish taris at least and have a loioik at the next planet.

The good and bad news is that Taris is by far the largest planet.

The other planets go much quicker.

Doi they goii quiicker becauise oif less roileplaying oir less combat?

Both, but the combat is not as annoying (well, I guess Tatooine is pretty annoying). Actually, I would take issue with Ender's assertion that Taris was much larger than all the other planets; I think they are all a pretty similar size.

There are lots of side quests, though, for all the companions that you meet and take with you. That's one of the best aspects of the game.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Play the game until you can't play it any more (hopefully the end). Then we can talk. You aren't even out of the beginning of the game yet.

I am doiinie with this game. It is toioi fruistrating.

Frustrating? What's so frustrating about it? Just like K2 IMO.

The voiice acting, the coimibat, the perspective, the repetitive graphics etc. the oinily thing goiioid is the shifting alignment and the quiests.

But did you like the KotOR combat?

yes. It's almost the same as K2's.

But the combat is repetitive and far too easy!

Hah! I would keep going until you get off Taris, at least.

Anyway noiw Im goinna play falloiuit 2 again. Buit ill leave koitoiir oini my hard drive, maybe soimieday ill have accuimuilated anoiuigh willpoiwer toi get back toi it and finish taris at least and have a loioik at the next planet.

You are about three quarters of the way through Taris, but it gets better from there (although there are still a lot of fights with similar looking opponents: lots of droids).

I must say it didn't bother me nearly as much as it seems to be bothering you, though. Sure the opponents were less varied than I would have liked; still I was playing for the story.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You don't happen to have ADD by chance?

I've just noticed from a lot of your posts that you stick to one or two games (FO and PST) and immediately give up on the others right away. Try giving games a chance atleast through an entire play through, then decide if they suck or not. :-

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Taris was best part of KOTOR. Rest of the game sucks especially Maanan and Star Forge junk.

Obsidian's unfinished TSL is totally superior to KOTOR and Jade Empire.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

...and military bases. And pretty much same enemies too.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds