OBS-4 Diplomacy

metadigital

Sorry guys, my bad. I am just trying to sort out some time for personal fun; I have had to be in hospital for about 12 hours a day every day in the last month, so I am both knackered and pushed for time ... I WILL be back soon, but I also have to move in the next week, and I don't want the game to start and then stop, I'd rather just start when I can give the game and all of you the time that you deserve.

Apologies again.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Another twelve hour day in London doing the rounds of professors and learning all there is to know about oncology. Just got back after leaving this morning. Traffic was abominable (just for an added bonus) and the weather was attrocious (but that's to be expected).

I'll mark off some time, hopefully tomorrow, to read and revise the rules. (I can't even remember my own name at the moment, but the good news is Civilzation IV is released tomorrow ..!) ;)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys.

My bad.

I just got back from the hospital again today (wasn't meant to be going today, but had an emergency dash). :-

Really having trouble keeping the will to keep going at the moment; looks like I may have an interupted internets service soon, too. :( :(

I am trying to get my own stuff done, and part of that is reading and agreeing on (I'm sure the fine) amendments Jags has done.

Will do it asap.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty good, pretty good. I dont come here as often anymore due to school scheduling and such, but I just built a new rig and finally got VtM:Bloodlines to play. All things considered Im dandy.

P.S. Windows Me is the devil (My old family computer runs it)

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Linux can be very simple to use: I have it on an old laptop that used to be WinME (coincidence?! I think not!) and the XWindows interface is unremarkably similar to M$.

Assuming your folks don't need to use M$ software, like Office, there are plenty of easy-to-use and better equivalents to all Windows stuff on Linux. (FireFox, OpenOffice.org, Eudora, etc.)

A small upfront investment (by you, presumeably) in setting up the system would pay off in other ways ... like never having to reboot the machine ... being immune to all the M$ worms, mail-bombs, ActiveX trojans and spyware ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT