Revan & the Exile's gender/alignment

Exile is IMO a Lightside Male

Revan is IMO a Darkside Female

why? you ask

well i always thought of Revan as the "True Sith" threat in the unknown, the force destined her to be a Sith Lord. The Jedi just delayed it by mind wiping her, they delayed the inevitable. She would be confronted by Exile and old memories and their past feelings would surface but ultimately they will not follow the other. And the two do battle, Exile gaining the upper hand after wounding Revan is about to give the final blow. But Carth interrupts after arriving with a Republic fleet and is torn between saving the woman he loves or following his orders and doing his duty as an Admiral and Republic official.

Exile is a male because apart from Atris loving him which makes sense. Atton is a Jedi hater and this really makes a strong friendship between Exile and Atton, much like Han and Luke. Exile shows Atton not all Jedi are like those he has come across and you could say he opens Atton's eyes. Eroding Sions will doesnt have to be a female only thing, infact if your male all you basically do is seduce him to giving up the darkside and the force altogether. Which works well if your a LSM.

Yeah?  I still thought it was leagues ahead of the Anakin/Padme romance in Episode II.  I felt that's where the movie fell apart.  Especially since Anakin was such a whiner. 

"I don't like sand."  :-"  Worst.  Line.  Ever. 

And I thought of the two, the male Revan/Bastila romance was more powerful. 

Although if you happen to browse FanFiction.net, there does seem to be a decent amount of female Revan/Bastila romances

"NO! Its forbidden!" "LOVE CONQUERS ALL!"

Please. Give me Carth/Revan and Han/Leia anyday. :thumbsup:

Ugh. I. HATE. THESE. TOPICS.

"Official"? What a load of garbage. Both the Exile and Revan were chosen by the players of the game. I do not want someone telling me what to choose, nor that my choices are invalid. Therefore I reject out of hand all attempts by sad anoraks to pigeon-hole the already-overly-simplistic characters into even more mindnumbingly shallow stereotypes (if that is possible).

What is Revan? She is female, or male, LS or DS. Depending on what I chose when I play. Ditto for the Exile. Mental invalids that require an "authority figure" to choose for them can indulge themselves in this digital onanism, I shall treat it with the disdain it deserves.

All we need now is some idiot to suggest that they "really, really love each other, very much" (for the benefit of the Right Wing militant Religious Conservatives) and there'll be a baby.

T'rific. Just what the lame series needs. A lame PC to end it.

/digusted.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Especially since Anakin was such a whiner.

thats why he falls to the darkside, his impatient, arrogant and overconfident attitude is what makes him fall to the darkside. He whines because he feels he is good enough to take the trials (impatience) and feels Obi-Won is holding him back, and is jealous of anakin (arrogance). Then finaly when confronting Dooku all three come into play, he isnt patient enough to wait for Obi-Won, he is overconfident thinking he can take him alone, and arrogant in the fact that he felt he was superior enough to confront Dooku alone without Obi-Won.

Ugh. I. HATE. THESE. TOPICS.

"Official"? What a load of garbage. Both the Exile and Revan were chosen by the players of the game. I do not want someone telling me what to choose, nor that my choices are invalid. Therefore I reject out of hand all attempts by sad anoraks to pigeon-hole the already-overly-simplistic characters into even more mindnumbingly shallow stereotypes (if that is possible).

What is Revan? She is female, or male, LS or DS. Depending on what I chose when I play. Ditto for the Exile. Mental invalids that require an "authority figure" to choose for them can indulge themselves in this digital onanism, I shall treat it with the disdain it deserves.

All we need now is some idiot to suggest that they "really, really love each other, very much" (for the benefit of the Right Wing militant Religious Conservatives) and there'll be a baby.

T'rific. Just what the lame series needs. A lame PC to end it.

/digusted.

Well, whether you like it or not, there is an official canon, and it states Revan was a LS male. The DS ending is considered the 'alternate' ending. :thumbsup:

If you don't like the thread, then don't whine about it. We're talking about something that actually has relevancy to the KOTOR series, so please don't spam it with your rantings.

Revan - LSM - the relationship with Bastila was a key element of the plot for me - sure, you could have her ally with you if you were DS, or save her form the DS if you were female, but the relationship made more sense as LSM.

Exile - LSM - the Exile's relationships with Atris, Visas and Brianna were much better done than any other in the game (aside from the Exile's interaction with Kreia). While Hanharr was an interesting character, he's not a critical part of the plot - and the relationship between him and Mira is much more interesting from her point of view. In terms of importance to the plot, Brianna beats Mikal hands down.

I could see either character (or both) as being DS, but it wouldn't fit in the SW universe for the main character to be evil. Also, destroying the Star Forge and destroying Malachor V are suitable endings, in my opinion, for the SW universe - where the alternatives are not.

If you don't like the thread, then don't whine about it.  We're talking about something that actually has relevancy to the KOTOR series, so please don't spam it with your rantings.

Listen, Nazi, my opinion is just as valid as yours, even if you don't like it.

I am posting my comment on the question posed.

If you don't like it, don't read it. And don't spam the topic telling me not to post. :thumbsup:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

its never stated as CANON anywhere about Revan or Exile's gender and alighnment.

Yes, it does. (about Revan)

Linky

This is not the OFFICIAL star wars website, but the things in the article are taken from the official sources.

How is the wikipedia an official source?

In fact, it cannot be:

[*]If you do not want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, do not submit it.

[*]By submitting your work you promise you wrote it yourself, or copied it from public domain resources

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

if it isnt official it isnt Canon, until SW.com or LA.com put something up about Revan and Exile gender/alignment then it ISNT canon, plain and simple. Unless an article from SW.com or LA.com officials/owners is released concerning Revan or Exile gender or alignment it isnt final canon. I have to say the fan speculation on gender and alignments for both is well argued and thought out. But ultimately if GL or any other SW/LA official who has a say in the matter decides upon a specific gender and alignment. Then everything else is just fan speculation and fan created theory, which i think is good.

wiki isnt official everyone knows its all fan speculation about EU unless its taken from the official sources at SW.com

Very well. All I know is what I've seen on the web and on these forums. And everywhere I've looked it's stated that the LS male is the official canon. Even on that website I provided, it says that it's the official canon. The fact is I've seen it mentioned very often and in more than one source, such as forums and website profiles, so it's not like I'm making this up myself. Either all these websites are wrong, or the SW site simply didn't update the info on Revan.

But if I see any more links or any official ones, I will definitely post them. :thumbsup:

True, since the whole option to describe Revan is made by the player in II, leaving Revan very vague until either

A:

George gets bored and changes his mind, jumping back into SW

B:

Someone decides to novelize KOTOR I and II (and then everyone will be pissed after Revan and Exile aren't who they wanted them to be)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

They have on the official forum.  Revan's canon gender and alignment is LS male.  As far as Exile, they're pushing for female, and presumeably LS as well.

When you say 'they', do you mean that a representative of LucasArts has posted this information, or that this is the consensus view of the fans posting there?

I like the idea of the canonical view being that nobody knows. Taking the movies era as 'the present', the events of Kotor are lost in the distant past 4000 years ago. No-one today remembers what gender (or even alignment) Revan or the Exile were, only that such people (probably) existed. Historians probably argue for hours piecing together the tiny scraps of evidence that remain from this period. Were they real? Were they legends? The truth may be lost forever... :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I hate it when people say "its canon" when they have no proof to back it up. Some idiot probably just made it up while fighting someone on who Revan was and it caught on. But the truth is, there is no proof that its canon.

*Sigh*

Alright, since people want "proof" that this is in fact canon and not just GoA's mad rambling mind wanting to believe something, here's your proof. I know people need proof and not just someone's word, but I figured a simple discussion about it wouldn't hurt but since some people need proof before they're willing to give their opinion on the matter, here it is.

This first link is the thread in which I asked the question of "what is Revan's official alignment and gender". Tasty Taste (Leland Chee, the guy who is in charge of what is canon and what is not) comments also on how he is pushing for a female Exile.

This second link is the Continuity - Alternate Endings/Customizable Characters thread.

This third link is the thread where Tasty Taste makes his official comment about Revan being male.

And finally, here is the entry in the official Star Wars databank for the Star Forge.

I hope that the word of Leland Chee (the Star Wars continuity and canon guy) is enough to satisfy everyone who didn't take my post at face value.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hopefully he wins and Exile's a LSF. I ;) my Exile

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Thanks, GoA. You've saved me a lot of google trouble. :D

But I could go for a female exile. The only thing about male exile I like better is that you have Visas and Brianna vs Atton and Disciple. :) And even that's more out of my dislike of the female exile romance options than my liking of male exile romance options. (although I do like Visas) ;)

Edited by Mothman

*Sigh*

Alright, since people want "proof" that this is in fact canon and not just GoA's mad rambling mind wanting to believe something, here's your proof.  I know people need proof and not just someone's word, but I figured a simple discussion about it wouldn't hurt but since some people need proof before they're willing to give their opinion on the matter, here it is. 

I hope that the word of Leland Chee (the Star Wars continuity and canon guy) is enough to satisfy everyone who didn't take my post at face value.

Don't sigh, Mr Lazy Ghost!

I knew you could quote canon and you were lazy not to include it in your initial post, so that everyone could discuss the issue freely and fully.

I don't envy Mr Chee and his sisyphean (literally) task.

That said, I prefer not to have a fixed gender nor alignment for either Revan or Exile, as Steve said:

I like the idea of the canonical view being that nobody knows.  Taking the movies era as 'the present', the events of Kotor are lost in the distant past 4000 years ago.  No-one today remembers what gender (or even alignment) Revan or the Exile were, only that such people (probably) existed.  Historians probably argue for hours piecing together the tiny scraps of evidence that remain from this period.  Were they real?  Were they legends?  The truth may be lost forever... ;)

and I can't see any reason to adjust this viewpoint.

Then again, I think that the novelisations of SW are a decent flypaper that can be used to herd all the gibbering fanboys into a room where all the sharp objects can be taken from them, safely.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

*Sigh*

Alright, since people want "proof" that this is in fact canon and not just GoA's mad rambling mind wanting to believe something, here's your proof. 

Pretty convincing. :) So now we know that Revan is male, at least. Shame, but there you go.

For quite a while (all the time I've been coming to these boards) people have been posting that Revan is LSM, based on little or no evidence. Your source is the first I've seen that actually stands up.

I know people need proof and not just someone's word, but I figured a simple discussion about it wouldn't hurt but since some people need proof before they're willing to give their opinion on the matter...

You're surprised? ;) Really? :)

I still think it would have been more fun to leave it deliberately ambiguous, but this guy's got the job of making the whole think coherent, so if he wants it clarified, that's OK with me. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I think one of Tasty Taste's comments about why they chose a specific ending was more due to future novelizations. I think they, too, would have rather left alternate endings up to the gamer, but had to pick one or the other in order to keep continuity for potential novels and/or other games.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Unfortunately, even with all that, some people still aren't going to be convinced until GL shows up on their doorstep saying that Revan was a LS male:rolleyes:

And even that's more out of my dislike of the female exile romance options than my liking of male exile romance options.  ...

I wouldn't be convinced if GL wrote me a personal invitation to talk to Revan and ask her.

Your reasons are entirely selfish. "I want a LS male Revan"; well I want a non-specific gender and alignment for both the characters.

And again, you are missing the point:

Alternate endings and customizable characters are noted in the Continuity Notes field. If needed, a definitive ending is chosen (ie the light side ending in Jedi Knight) and recorded into the database. Another example is the decision to make Revan a male character. Again, these types of things are only determined when needed.

I don't need a set gender and alignment for Revan.

Only weak people do. "Oh please, tell me who Revan was!" ;)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I actually wouldn't have minded if they left Revan's gender open, since that really didn't have much overall effect on the story, and it would have satisfied all fans. The only thing that may need to be official is alignment. Don't forget, if Revan was DS, he launches a new war against the Republic at the end of K1. K2 solved this by having him leave no matter what alignment, but this is doubly important for the exile, though. If he is DS, than the entire Jedi order is destroyed, and there is no one left to rebuild it.

@Metadigital: The only reason I said Revan was a LS male is because I had seen it previously stated as the official canon. Whether you like it or not, that is the canonical story. Period. Stamped. While I preferred the LS male story, I don't NEED him to be LS male. I'm fine with either one. My reasons aren't selfish, it's just my preferance to view Revan as LS male. ;)