1 MORE important Q!!

when i get a prestige class do i begin at level 1. i:e lv 15 gaurdian but lv 1 sith lord, also my feat progression as a gaurdian says fast but it seems that i get feats at the same rate at krei, even though she gets like 2 force powers a level

can somone explain this

Yes, once you have prestige the prestige levels begin from 1

So you will have like Guardian/Weaponmaster 15/7, which makes total lvl 22

About Feats, yes Guardians/Weaponmasters/Mauraders get more Feats than the Consular/Lord/Master, altough it isn't very noticable (with Sentinel/Prestige Sentinel) it is even less noticable...

Every Jedi gets 1 Feat per level, yet the Consular/Lord/Master occassionally gets 2...

Actually, when you switch class, you begin as level 0 in the new class and then level up from there. The level 0 doesn't count as an actual level, however (no hp, no force powers, etc.) - it just states that you've ceased to be the old consular/sentinel/guardian that you were before and nothing more. You do immediately get a level-up so that you can take level 1 in the new prestige class, though, and that does count as an actual level.

And as Battlewookiee said, you can add those levels together (your level in your original class and your level in the new prestige class) for your current total level.

Also, you don't actually have to take the prestige class when you hit level 15. You can continue to take more levels in the old class, though I'm not certain how many (I'd assume you can't take more than 20, but I really don't know). It's just a good idea to switch on the spot, however.