BACK FROM MEXICO!

Child of Flame

That dancing ninja guy is total comedy. I don't know what that has to do with trips to Mexico, church groups, charity, homophobia, Christian baiting, or any of the other topics in this thread, but I get a kick out of your avatar.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

sorry.  Because he's not being a d!ck to Eru.

Happy?

It's better, but still not quite there. Keep it up chump.

I'm not the one that had trouble understanding anything. If you can't understand that, then I'm not sure what your point is. Unless perhaps you're trying to be "funny" or "insulting."

I wasn't flaming you. I was just stating a fact. SoE had no reason to lash out against Mothman, because Mothman wasn't being a total ass to him.

I'm glad we're all sooo friendly here.

How hot does it get in Mexico? I mean, I guess I could look it up myself, but I'm lazy.

Besides, this is a feeble attempt to avoid an all out flame war, so play along.

sig2.gif

Thanks, SOE.  That's exactly my stance.  I disagree with the concept of homosexuality, but that's the same way I might disagree with someone's political views.  I disagree with them, but I'm not going to prevent them from living their lives, discriminate against them, or hate them.  :p  If a woman chooses to love and marry another woman, that's her right and I can't and won't do anything to stop her, regardless of my opinion.  And there's nothing wrong with showing a little pride in religion, and that doesn't make me fundamentalist or conservative. (I'm a moderate)

Are you happy now, Lucius?  And please, enough with the religous debate, people!  We've had enough of that already! 

And back to Mexican food, I heard too that it's very different from Taco Bell.  I heard from a friend that they like to put a lot of spices in their food and so it tends to be pretty hot, and that they like to use beans a lot.  And what was the water like, too?  My friend who visited Mexico told me that even the Mexicans don't like to drink it.  They get their drinking water from travelling water trucks if they can.  Was it like that for you?

Well, the problem with the Mexican water, is the pipes lack the integrity to keep out contamination. Also, the pipes are so small (usually about six inches), you can't even flush toilet paper. :blink: You are indeed correct that even the Mexicans don't drink their own water, the way it was explained to me by one of the dudes who had been working and living down there with them for awhile, was the even though they didn't get the trots every time they touched the water like we do, ameobic dysentary isn't something to mess around with.

We got our water from the city water, but boiled it and stuck it in those big jugs that go on the top of water coolers to carry it around.

I'm glad we're all sooo friendly here.

How hot does it get in Mexico?  I mean, I guess I could look it up myself, but I'm lazy. 

Besides, this is a feeble attempt to avoid an all out flame war, so play along.

The first day we were on the work site, I believe it was 107 Degrees (Fahrenheit). Several people got heat stroke, one of them so bad that they drove her around in one of the vehicles for several hours with the AC blowing on her face before taking her back to church. At the end of the day one of the contractors congratulated us, because he said that that's about as hot as a work site gets before they just save their work for another day, so we'd made it through the worst possible conditions. The other nasty thing about the weather, was that because the work site was down in a valley below some pretty big mountains, there was some nasty wind shear that gave you wind burn as well as sunburn, and helped to suck even more moisture out of you.

I didn't fare too badly though, since I'd been walking from place to place in the heat waves up here for several weeks (104 Degrees), and thus was fairly acclimatized to the heat, if only uncomfortable.

The first day we were on the work site, I believe it was 107 Degrees (Fahrenheit).  Several people got heat stroke, one of them so bad that they drove her around in one of the vehicles for several hours with the AC blowing on her face before taking her back to church.  At the end of the day one of the contractors congratulated us, because he said that that's about as hot as a work site gets before they just save their work for another day, so we'd made it through the worst possible conditions.  The other nasty thing about the weather, was that because the work site was down in a valley below some pretty big mountains, there was some nasty wind shear that gave you wind burn as well as sunburn, and helped to suck even more moisture out of you. 

Eek. You're a braver person than I.

sig2.gif

sorry.  Because he's not being a d!ck to Eru.

Happy?

It's better, but still not quite there. Keep it up chump.

I'm not the one that had trouble understanding anything. If you can't understand that, then I'm not sure what your point is. Unless perhaps you're trying to be "funny" or "insulting."

I wasn't flaming you. I was just stating a fact. SoE had no reason to lash out against Mothman, because Mothman wasn't being a total ass to him.

Oh Alan, does this mean we're not friends anymore? Because if you weren't my friend, I just don't think that I could bear it. :-

- Doc Holiday

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Oh it's a movie? I was sure I had heard both Tombstone and Doc Hol(l)iday in Deadlands.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Oh Alan, does this mean we're not friends anymore? Because if you weren't my friend, I just don't think that I could bear it.  :)

- Doc Holiday

Tombstone:

You gonna do somethin'? Or are you just gonna stand there and bleed?

Forgive me if I don't shake hands.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Oh Alan, does this mean we're not friends anymore? Because if you weren't my friend, I just don't think that I could bear it.

Sorry. Not friends anymore.

You're no daisy!

DENMARK!

Superlative?

accomplished, consummate, finished, first-class, gilt-edge, greatest, highest, hundred proof, magnificent, matchless, mostest, number one, numero uno, optimum, outstanding, peerless, solid gold, standout, supreme, surpassing, ten, the end, top dog, tops, transcendent, unexcelled, unparalleled, unrivaled, unsurpassed, winner, world class ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Superlative?

accomplished, consummate, finished, first-class, gilt-edge, greatest, highest, hundred proof, magnificent, matchless, mostest, number one, numero uno, optimum, outstanding, peerless, solid gold, standout, supreme, surpassing, ten, the end, top dog, tops, transcendent, unexcelled, unparalleled, unrivaled, unsurpassed, winner, world class ...

Yes, I think that would suffice.

To be honest, I didn't know such a word existed. :lol:

DENMARK!

It's a very cool word. It's the extreme (e.g. coolest) of an adjective (e.g. cool), with the median (cooler) being the comparitive. -_-

Quite, but what does 'comparitive' mean?

Oh and Steve, I hope the sarcasm in my post leading up to that response, wasn't completely wasted on you, if so, I'll have to try harder next time. ^_^

DENMARK!