Chasing down bombers

Atreides

Would you chase down a suspected bomber?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you chase down a suspected bomber?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

6 people are sitting in the safety behind their monitors at the time of writing this, saying they'd run towards a bomber if they saw him. Yeah, and your internet d!ck just grew 7 inches.

Hehe, I've been thinking the same thing, but I didn't have the virtual balls to say it. :devil:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

6 people are sitting in the safety behind their monitors at the time of writing this, saying they'd run towards a bomber if they saw him. Yeah, and your internet d!ck just grew 7 inches.

And I'll bet you're feeling all tough just saying that to us. :wub:

Like I said earlier, a man/woman who has been brave in the past has no greater claim to courage than one who never has. It's something you have to prove every single time. I've put myself in harm's way to help others in the past. I hope we all have the stones to do it in future.

EDIT: I just made level 2! My life has lost all meaning... :rolleyes:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Personally, I don't know what I would do. Probably that splitsecond I have when the bomber rushes past is what I'd have to consider all the questions in life - what I hold important, whether it's worth protecting that or others, weighing up how dangerous it is.

That probably would lead to inaction where the bomber would be pretty far away. By thinking in advance about it and coming to some sort of decision, that might cut down on the indecision and spur an immediate response.

While it's okay to think of self preservation, or what's more important to me - the wellbeing of those important to me and how they'd manage without me (possibly), the thought that I could have prevented a large number of people from dying later on would weigh heavily on my consciousness for a long time.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

In the right circumstances, I think the nine people so far who've said no might just prove themselves wrong. This is a hypothetical question and it doesn't make much sense to scorn any of the answers. Is it easy to say that we would chase a bomber? Sure. Is it easy to call us a liar? Apparently. I hope that I am not a liar, and I hope I never have the chance to prove you wrong. I don't desire glory.

Nevertheless, I fervantly pray that I am not the good man who stands idle while evil prevails.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Nevertheless, I fervantly pray that I am not the good man who stands idle while evil prevails.

As in, biblical 'evil'? ;) Hurry, I think we need Brother Maynard and random cleric!

HolyGrail190.jpg

- And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu...

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I know it sounds corny talking about evil, but the further I get away from innocence about the world the more I think it's OK as a description of some things.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.