Do you like console shooters  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like console shooters

• Consoles all the way
    • I like both
    • A mouse and keyboard are the only way to go
    • I like to vote
    • I don't care

Fionavar sounds like a great person, but lets get back to the topic at hand which is, uh,........oh yeah Computers Vs. Console shooters

It doesn't matter how good one can be with the controller. If you throw away auto-aim, of two individuals with equivalent skill with both devices, if you pitch one with a controller against the other with a kb/mouse setup, chances are the latter will win. It doesn't matter if the controller can do a decent enough job, when there's a superior alternative available. That makes the controller obsolete.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Strangely killing Gromnir is my favorite BG2:ToB moment.

He said "Ha Good Fun!" just before I turned him into meaty chunks.

I forgot that he was in ToB.

It was neat seeing little Easter Eggs like that :D

I didn't realize there were a lot at the time. :)

I played it, killed Gromnir, heard "good fun" and was like... what the heck? :blink:

I had to make a thread here about it, probably in the archives, and gromnir explained just how many things were added.

Gromnir was the only one that I knew of. I had very briefly visited the Interplay forums where ToB was being discussed, and Gromnir sticks out because of his unique posting style.

When I bumped into him in ToB I was like "Hey! That's the guy from the forums!!"

Do you remember how Gromnir took it? He seems like the type that would just laugh it off, but some people could easily be "OMG that's sooz0rs not me!"

I'm strictly PC gamer now, but not because I am a fanboy. I just tend to prefer games that come out on the PC.

I have plenty of experience with consoles, as I used them as my primary gaming machine for roughly a decade.

Most console games that I would be interested in playing often find their way onto the PC anyways, so it saves me from having to plunk down on a console as well.

That was easy to find.... but then I don't normally start threads...

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=480&hl=

Thanks for posting that, I had no idea

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I generally buy every console, and try not to be too biases towards any platform.  I play good games on whatever platform they come out on.

Yet I feel PC shooters are far better.

Mouse > controller

you just can't get the same level of fine tuned control with a controller.

PC gamer here. The only console games I would still play would be console RPGs, and the ones from that genre that I really want to play are few and far in-between.

<3 <3 Starcraft 64

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

That was easy to find.... but then I don't normally start threads...

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=480&hl=

I remember that! I even posted in it.

Good thing I have my cool, unique avatar to make finding me so much easier.

Your early posting style seems to indicate quite a fascinations with the emoticons. You seem to have mellowed with time on these forums :blink: