Leaving behind the d20 System

I knew it!

All caps just doesn't exist unless you're playing Diablo 2 or referring to an acronym.

You do realize I made that up about the TORG acronym.. I really don't know what it means.. I just thought what I said sounded good. Somehow, I think Darque would like it :)

Yes, I realize it. I didn't really think Darque would lead me astray.....although I recenlty discovered she's the Sith Lord we've been looking for. The Sith practice in deception, and she knows of the darkside :)

Hahaha that is kind of fun to watch.

Although I've always been a saber master. I wanted to be Luke Skywalker when growing up since he was cool with a lightsaber.

Although now I want to be Obi-Wan when I grow up, because he's even cooler with a lightsaber :)

I really enjoyed Changeling as well. I had a few concepts I never got around to playing, but I really enjoyed my Unseelie Sluagh I played in the Camarilla. He founded a House for Commoners, and acted as a villian/anti-hero in our big national chronicle. He became one of the most well-known (if not infamous) Fae around.

No one could quite decide though if he was a hero, anti-hero or villian.

Ok.. To get back on topic..

IMHO, most things in life are better than d20. As Enderwiggin stated in another thread you should try FUZION, FUDGE, GURPS, and d6.. They are all better than d20.

I will also thrown in "Savage Worlds.." That also seems to be better than d20.

2ndEd is better than d20.. :ph34r:

image002.gifLancer

national chronicle?

The Camarilla is the official White Wolf fan club. There are thousands of members and they run a big international game. Your character can be played anywhere in the world you travel to that has a Camarilla chapter. Players keep in contact via email and mailing lists in addition to playing at their local games.

It makes for a very unique and in-depth roleplaying experience to know that your actions in a game in Phoenix can affect players in Australia.

Second Edition is teh suck!

"Hey, I'm gonna make my super cool Dwarf Paladin!  Ok, select class *Paladin* and select race Dw.......WTF@?!?@!  HUMANS ONLY!!!?!??!?!"

I have never heard of an orc, dwarven or elven (or whatever) paladin. Last time I checked all paladins I've ever heard about in fantasy are human.

EDIT: It is nonsense like being able to have dwarven paladins that makes 3E too silly for me.

AD&D is da sh!t. :ermm:

image002.gifLancer

I've never read about any Paladins.

I think it's too restrictive.  I can't see why a different race can't have a champion of their faith.

That's because you look at the rules within a vaccuum.. You need to look at the rules within the context of your particular gameworld's setting. The setting will always impose restrictions on who or what you can be ... no matter what.

image002.gifLancer

I've never read about any Paladins.

I think it's too restrictive.  I can't see why a different race can't have a champion of their faith.

That's because you look at the rules within a vaccuum.. You need to look at the rules within the context of your particular gameworld's setting. The setting will always impose restrictions on who or what you can be ... no matter what.

The setting is malleable.

In a Forgotten Realms game, I could only be a human Paladin in AD&D.

But in a 3rd Edition D&D game, I don't HAVE to be a Human Paladin. So I'm not sure what the setting has to do with it, given that now suddenly there are Paladin's of all sorts of races and whatnot.

Second Edition is teh suck!

"Hey, I'm gonna make my super cool Dwarf Paladin!  Ok, select class *Paladin* and select race Dw.......WTF@?!?@!  HUMANS ONLY!!!?!??!?!"

I have never heard of an orc, dwarven or elven (or whatever) paladin. Last time I checked all paladins I've ever heard about in fantasy are human.

EDIT: It is nonsense like being able to have dwarven paladins that makes 3E too silly for me.

AD&D is da sh!t. :sorcerer:

3e allows dwarven wizards... :(

Better not get me started on that one... Or those awful sorcerors ;)