Not So Random Acts of Kindness

Child of Flame

Heading down to Mexico early tomorrow morning with my church. The bus ride will be hot, sticky, and largely miserable, Mexico will be just hot, hopefully not so sticky. We will be framing and roofing a clinic we started building last year. Those who have gods to pray to, pray for safety; those who don't, please carry on as normal.

I'd wish you luck.  But I don't think you need any :lol:

I dunno, long, freaking miserable bus ride (especially with this heat wave), work site with lots of inexperienced teenage boys who have NOT been adding enough points into their perception (best euphemism for judgement available me), they don't mix all that well.

jefe.jpg

"Lets go to Santa Poco and get some more Tequila.."

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Don't get an STD while you're there, and remember you can bring back three months worth of prescription drugs hint: Xanax

Don't fall for any of that "cheap plastic surgery", you're sure to get an infection

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Eris doesn't much like it when we pray to her, so she'd likely get very literal with my prayer. Were I to pray for your safety, she'd probably make you lose all your nails to keep your hands safe, but that wouldn't be so great since you're trying to build something. :)

Instead, I'll just wish you luck. :lol::)

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I shall endeavor to pray for you, Servant.  Have fun building the church.

Totally already built the clinic a few weeks ago. Building a clinic this year...for...uh...medical...

...reasons.

You should build a Mosque, then. Like the Christians do in the Middle East. While the Muslims build the Churches. (Okay, this is usually after some sort of sectarian violence, but it's a nice thought.)

And don't gimme that "there aren't any Muslims" schtick. <_<

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Don't get an STD while you're there, and remember you can bring back three months worth of prescription drugs hint: Xanax

Don't fall for any of that "cheap plastic surgery", you're sure to get an infection

... Is it a mere co-inkydink that you are going when all the colleges have their Summer break ... all those young teenage drunk girls try to win wet tee-shirt competitions, amidst their sororities attempted blood poisoning alcohol consumption rituals ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I shall endeavor to pray for you, Servant.  Have fun building the church.

Totally already built the clinic a few weeks ago. Building a clinic this year...for...uh...medical...

...reasons.

You should build a Mosque, then. Like the Christians do in the Middle East. While the Muslims build the Churches. (Okay, this is usually after some sort of sectarian violence, but it's a nice thought.)

And don't gimme that "there aren't any Muslims" schtick. <_<

Gah! Just noticed I said we built the clinic a few weeks ago, and we're building it again. What I meant to say (and it looks like you noticed) is that we built the church a few years ago, and that now we're building the clinic.

I'd be all for building a Mosque as a gesture of goodwill, but people insist on saying that every other religion aside from Christianity is a tool of the devil, and therefore we have to exclude others. Myself, I like John Paul II's take on religion, i.e. we can all work together, but he was rather forward thinking in that area.

... Is it a mere co-inkydink that you are going when all the colleges have their Summer break ... all those young teenage drunk girls try to win wet tee-shirt competitions, amidst their sororities attempted blood poisoning alcohol consumption rituals ...

Words for the wise Laozi, words for the wise.

It's definitely a coinkydink, and I didn't know there were spring break contests in Middle-of-Nowhere Mexico. Reason they schedule it for the summer, and not a more climactically pleasing time like winter, is because it's a weeklong trip, and all the kids are off. Also, they use college students who come back to town for the summer as staff. I'll probably be one of those next year.

guapo.jpg

Just watch out for the great El Guapo, he will ravage your homes and burn your daughters.

Note: not an actual "Three Amigos" quote

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

This is probably too late, but good luck anyway. I hope you have fun and a chance to mix with the local people. :ermm:

I'd be interested to hear more about the project when you get back.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I thought it was sheer the women and rape the sheep

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.