Microsoft to Make Games for Nintendo

Guest Fishboot
They were prerendered...

Kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The video was obviously meant to be deceptive. If a full game used that much motion cap it would put any developer in the poorhouse..

If the in-game footage looks like that I'll eat my hat.

I think it will look like that as much as the Madden games look like their trailers.

The models and environments are 100% in-game models and environments. However, the camera moving through the enviornment is scripted so that you get a far more cinematic view of the game than you would in actual play.

You didn't see a UI, or two hands and a gun in the middle of the screen.

The Madden trailers give you a much more detailed, dramatic experience than gameplay because it would be impossible to play the game like that. However, within gameplay you can go for instant replay and completely control the camera to get those types of views.

Personally, there comes a point where I don't really care about graphics, anymore.

And I certainly won't care wheter PD:Z will run on revolution or not, seeing as the game will most likely be infinitely inferior to the good ol' PD. Rare titles post M$ assimilation = mediocre suckage.

We'll see if PD:Z changes that, but IMHO the graphical style of the crap is 'orrible- I'm not expecting much, not anymore.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Personally, there comes a point where I don't really care about graphics, anymore.

And I certainly won't care wheter PD:Z will run on revolution or not, seeing as the game will most likely be infinitely inferior to the good ol' PD. Rare titles post M$ assimilation = mediocre suckage.

We'll see if PD:Z changes that, but IMHO the graphical style of the crap is 'orrible- I'm not expecting much, not anymore.

The makers of project gotham appear to have problems keeping 60fps on the 360.

I can't say I'm interested in Rare these days but that could change if they start releasing some worthwhile stuff.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I sure don't see a burn. Weiser simply said there are more efficient ways of doing things occassionally, so we don't need more power.

I think it's a silly attitude, as more power certainly doesn't hurt. Nintendo is defending the position of putting out cheap, weak hardware saying "power isn't important".

While gameplay is probably the most important factor, there is a reason why people buy new consoles each generation. We want more power and better graphics. We want better immersion. Games like Pac-Man, Pong and Galaga have incredible gameplay, but people would rather play Halo today.

It is pretty hard to market and sell a product with clearly inferior graphics, but Nintendo is more interested in a console that sells for a profit than pushing the envelope and giving us the best possible product.

Sony and M$ are willing to take a loss on hardware to give us the best possible product.

Nintendo is supposed to make up for it with great titles, and I felt cheated buying both the N64 and GC. They're really going to have to sell me on the Revolution.