Do Eddo36's polls suck?

Do Eddo36's polls suck?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do Eddo36's polls suck?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only so much as this poll sucks

By the by, that EU2 session really went down the drain, if you must know. That game has this ability to feel very appealing, only to fall flat too easily because of ahistorical and/or plain stupid wars. The AI takes a foe's Bad Boy points into account when declaring war, but it's also completely unaware of its own BB score...

The antidote is Rome: Total War.

I never got around to playing Rome. I enjoyed both Shogun and Medieval, but for some reason the Roman Empire isn't a terribly interesting historical era to me, which doesn't exactly help. I would have loved to see a mix between EU2 and the Total War series, but I guess battles would be harder to simulate in say the 1600s, because they often took days to fight and involved thousands upon thousands of soldiers.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

That actually makes me want to pick that game up.  That is nifty!

Whoa there, Morris! I don't wanna be the guy to build up your expectations. Basically what they do is they die like flies in the snow when outside home territory, or if the number of troops in a province is larger than the supply limit they'll start dying as well. You also suffer some attrition from being on the move.

EU2 is actually a very good game that has its major shortcomings.

No doubt it would make it tougher to be an aggressor in war which I'm down with.

It does. But that mostly applies to the north and east (which is kind of historical, though). Weather conditions and such are, however, very black and white. Either it's bitchin' cold or it's like any summer's day.

Can we see decay and rot on bodies?  I'm all for that.

Well, I guess that would be one of the very areas where the game falls short.