How much more time does religion have?

WITHTEETH

Remember how it was before you were born? thats it. and thats the best answer i can come up with so far.

Im not trying to attack anyone, i apolegize for what i said.

I failed to remind myself that just because we have different beleifs doesn't mean either of them are wrong. :(

I still disagree with giving the ok to damn 2/3 of the population of course.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Metadigital, you think im trolling?

Yes. Every response you have posted has been a direct attack on religion and religious people for having faith.

I have no problem with people having faith, per se.

I strive to ensure that people have all the facts about that which they wish to believe in, so that informed decisions can be made (or re-made), but I don't openly criticize people for having faith. (As has been mentioned ad absurdum here, some measure of faith is required for science.) For example, Albert Einstein had faith in a god (he was more a deist: the Watchmaker's argument By Design); he was both intelligent and a quantum physicist.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Remember how it was before you were born? thats it.  and thats the best answer i can come up with so far.

Im not trying to attack anyone, i apolegize for what i said.

I failed to remind myself that just because we have different beleifs doesn't mean either of them are wrong. :)

I still disagree with giving the ok to damn 2/3 of the population of course.

Alright. Well I think it would be in our best interest to stop here. I can see this thread got off the topic of how much time religion has left a while back. The only path that this thread could possibly take is argument over religious belief, which I have no interest in participating in. To reiterate what I said before, I have the upmost tolerance for the religious beliefs of others, and I have no interest in questioning those beliefs. And like you said, just because we have different beliefs does not mean either of us are wrong. Someday we will find out the truth.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

This one is too small to keep. I'll have to throw it back into the ocean.

TEETH, you can do better than this one.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Well I think it's timeout time here @ Obsidian ... so while we retire to the AotS, I'm sure we'll all reflect on the reasons for this thread's closure ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: