Hypothetical Statement

Suposing Bioware took over the development of Kotor3 would you like to see it go towards Jade Empire gameplay and would you like to see a departure form the Reven storyline.  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Suposing Bioware took over the development of Kotor3 would you like to see it go towards Jade Empire gameplay and would you like to see a departure form the Reven storyline.

• Yes a move towards JE gameplay and new story.
    • Yes a move towards JE gameplay but no new story.
    • No to JE gameplay but yes to new story.
    • No to both Jade Empire and to new story.
    • Could go either way and I would be happy.

I am a bit indifferent but i wouldn't mind seeing a shift to Jade Empire gameplay. I think it would be a fun experiance for Kotor. I also feel that they have backed themsleves in to a corner as far as the Reven storyline goes and I think it would be a bit refreshing to have a new story.

Um, as JE is not ever going to be a PC title, then I would think Dragon Age is a better comparison.

Even so, I ain't played JE, and DA ain't out yet, so I'd have to reserve judgement. :D

But I wasn't particularly critical of the KotOR engine; the sequel managed to skew the balance by inflating the combat bonuses attributed to level and reducing the gameplay required to level up. Fix those (minor) issues and I would rather the effort spent on writing: I don't care if Revan is part of the story (although I feel more empathy to "my" Revan than my Exile character).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If we are drawing up a wish list for Santa, I would like the Half-Life 2 engine with the gameplay of Deus Ex. Add some lightsabers as an optional extra (or not) and I'm happy. ... What was the question? >_<"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If we are drawing up a wish list for Santa, I would like the Half-Life 2 engine with the gameplay of Deus Ex. Add some lightsabers as an optional extra (or not) and I'm happy. ... What was the question?  >_<"

First of all they are going to have a new game engine because no company is foolish enough to make a thrid game without giving it a new engine or at least an impoved version of the old. If they didn't we would still be stuck in the eight bit generation. While it is probably just wishful thinking on my part to hope for the inclusion of a physics engine you don't have to be a jerk about it.