The Matrix Sequels - Rubbish?

Darth Flatus

Who needs a new Transfomers Movie when we have the robotic acting of the Matrix series?  ^_^

Dead on. I was amazed by the fact that the actors arent actually talking to eachother, they just take turns to blot "kewl" oneliners into the thin air in front of their faces.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I thought the first film was amazing when i first saw it but was really diasappointed by the sequels - Reloaded had some good action scenes but the waffling dialogue and Col. Sanders babbling lecture at the end really ruined it. Revolutions was just pure crap, the only two good things were in monica belluci's dress.

My thoughts exactly.

Monica Bellucci :lol:

Ditto.

The first Matrix film intelligently explored a valid philosophical conundrum.

The second was a couple of nice set action pieces in between attrocious dialogue trying to pass for deep philosophical exposition that merely betrayed the self-aggrandized, navel-gazing, masturbating twaddle it was.

The third looked like they were trying to "update" the Christ archetype, except they failed to have a suitable denouement; it was clumsily done with even worse dialogue than the second, and less spectacular action. (Gotta love that Freeway action sequence of Reloaded.)

I can watch the first Matrix movie anytime, it is a masterpiece of subtle undersatement. The sequels are just Kung-Fu movies.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Bad kung fu movies - too much airy fairy prancing and dancing.

In revolutions when that old guy dies in his fighting robot and is talking to the boy is that supposed to be an homage to the yoda death scene in RoTJ or just a crap imititation

I didn't get that from that scene, so -- for my sample space of one -- that failed 100%.

And I could tell what he was going to say as he died before the battle began, it was soooooooooo clich

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT