Solution to KOTOR II Problems!

Guest MacleodCorp

Guest MacleodCorp

(w00t) What will you do with your game CDs? (w00t)

Well, I have played this game to hell, and I did enjoy some of it's features. Just the other day, like some of you, I to have installed the game patch. Unfortunatly, by the time they release the music and video patch, I will have allready come up with a few new uses for the game cds.

1. Door Stops.

2. Furniture / Rug Protectors.

3. Frizbees for my dog.

4. Placemats for soda cans.

5. Hanging on my car mirror.

What will you do with your cd?

(w00t) What will you do with your game CDs? (w00t)

Well, I have played this game to hell, and I did enjoy some of it's features. Just the other day, like some of you, I to have installed the game patch. Unfortunatly, by the time they release the music and video patch, I will have allready come up with a few new uses for the game cds.

1. Door Stops.

2. Furniture / Rug Protectors.

3. Frizbees for my dog.

4. Placemats for soda cans.

5. Hanging on my car mirror.

What will you do with your cd?

Better be careful there Darth. Ya' don't want to lose it and have to go back and edit 20+ of your own posts again do you? :thumbsup:

I almost sold the game at eBay after my first playthrough. But then i read about the restoration project and now i am counting the days to its release.

Whatever, i have time enough to play KotOR 1 again now and to remember the good old days .... *sigh* :'(

I am disappointed with Obsidian

KOTOR 2 has Great potential

But KOTOR 1 from Bioware was way more polished

I never had so much serious bugs in a game as i have with KOTOR 2

Plus the ending and the plot that was discovered by the player was way better in KOTOR 1

I almost sold the game at eBay after my first playthrough. But then i read about the restoration project and now i am counting the days to its release.

Restoration project

Yes thank god that these guys exists :devil:

because OBSIDIAN can not distinguise a leg from a foot when concerning creating a game and a patch <_<

...But KOTOR 1 from Bioware was way more polished

I never had so much serious bugs in a game as i have with KOTOR 2 plus the ending and the plot that was discovered by the player was way better in KOTOR 1

I don't know about that. Apparently KOTOR 1 was considerably buggy when it was released, and it was only after they did the 1.02 patch that a lot of the problems [especially memory leaks] were fixed. I bought it after the 1.03 patch was released, so I don't know first hand, but there's plenty of threads on Bioware's site for looking up KOTOR bugs.

The storyline is probably 'better' than TSL because Bioware had no constraints with where they could go storyline wise. Obsidian had to make a game that fit within these constraints and also meet the outlandish hype and expectations that everyone was putting on the game. They also had an extremely limited timeframe to do it all with.

In short, TSL suffered from the shackles that LA put on it, not because of OE. OE would have done a lot more if they'd had the time to do it right. If you don't like TSL, then sell your copy and go back to KOTOR 1.

:ph34r:

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR