Classes of KOTNR

Which RPG class would you choose at the beginning of Knights of the New Republic game?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which RPG class would you choose at the beginning of Knights of the New Republic game?

• New Jedi Knight
    • Imperial Dark Jedi
    • Zeishon Sha
    • Mistryl Warrior
    • Nightsister of Dathomir
    • Crimson Guard
    • Malkite Assassin
    • Fallanassi Mage
    • Bothan Spy
    • Kilian Ranger

IMPERIAL DARK JEDI

Imperial Dark Jedis were folks trained by Vader to serve the Empire. This means dark jedi like Jerec or inqusitors like Tremayne. They all had strong powers but coudn't be compare to the Sith of course. They make a significant cameo in Crystal Star - very cheesy novel by Vonda McIntyre

In one word: imperial dark jedi is a force-sensitive guy taken in young age from parents and trained by the empire to help mantain the New Order.

Nobody expects the Tremayne Inquisition!

Oh, did I say that out loud? :">

:D

What's a Fallnassi Mage?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The Fallanassi Mage gets my vote ;)

Pleasure is mine, Pal. :p

Malkite bastard gets mine. :p

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Those aren't really classes. For instance, the Dathomir Nightsisters are just Force Adepts, from a class standpoint. It would be like considering "stormtrooper" and "rebel trooper" two different classes.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

True, but WOTC RPG differs much from KOTOR RPG.

I just thought that it would be an interesting class choice for a game set in New Republic. "Nightsister" sounds more sinister than some "Force Adept from Dathomir" hmmm? I always rated NWN higher than KOTOR becouse of plenty of classes that Forgotten Realms offers from harpers to shapeshifters. The classes in this poll have nothing common with WOTC RPG - I wanted them to be similar to cool classes from NWN, not to copy SW RPG rulebook that has many bugs.

Those aren't really classes. For instance, the Dathomir Nightsisters are just Force Adepts, from a class standpoint. It would be like considering "stormtrooper" and "rebel trooper" two different classes.

It's like Champion of Torm and Fighter from Neverwinter Nights. These are two different classes although they could be classifed just as "sword and armor adepts" :p

BTW It seems that WOTC stopped any serious initiatives with their Star Wars RPG

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

True, but WOTC RPG differs much from KOTOR RPG.

I just thought that it would be an interesting class choice for a game set in New Republic. "Nightsister" sounds more sinister than some "Force Adept from Dathomir" hmmm? I always rated NWN higher than KOTOR becouse of plenty of classes that Forgotten Realms offers. Someone should change the situation.

It's like Champion of Torm and Fighter from Neverwinter Nights. These are two different classes although they could be classifed just as "sword and armor adepts" :lol:

BTW It seems that WOTC stopped any serious initiatives with their Star Wars RPG

One was a prestige class, though. Just because "Nightsister" might not be a class (though it certainly sounds like prestige class material to me, so I'd say that it should be a possible class, but something you'd have to earn in the game, rather than it being an option at character creation), doesn't mean you couln't be a Nightsister in the game. Especially when you remember that from an ingame standpoint, no-one knows what the heck a "class" is. You might be a Force Adept to the game's mechanics, but to the characters ingame, you're a Nightsister, and they would treat you as such (although I'd guess from the name that a Nightsister doesn't exactly go around advertising that fact).

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Agreed! :cool:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Bah. What greater fun could possibly be, than put poison to a food of a victim, as a professional Malkite Assassin? Simple bobafett shooting is as boooring as lightsaber waving.

I'd like to have my own malkite poisoner kit with dozens of various toxins. No Jedi could stand against this. Subtle methods :lol:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Lets face it - most of those wouldn't even need to be jedi. Personally I feel the whole franchise has run its course and should be allowed to flounder and die. Maybe George Lucas will die soon of grossly fat neck disease and Star Wars will die with him (we can but hope!)

Lets face it - most of those wouldn't even need to be jedi. Personally I feel the whole franchise has run its course and should be allowed to flounder and die. Maybe George Lucas will die soon of grossly fat neck disease and Star Wars will die with him (we can but hope!)

If you don't like Star Wars why post?

The Darkside has fully corrupted this one, but he knows little of power. A fool, he has become.

It's some stinkin' troll who doesn't know what he's talking about. :(

You may proceed with your vengeance Lord Satasn.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: