I'm having problems

I'm having problems on this game everyone keeps resisting my force powers, i'm lv9 sentinel and i got 17 wisdom but whenever i use affliction force push they see to be able to resist me all the time. :rolleyes:

Is my wisdom not high enough? or is this a bug.. i'm really annoyed bout this please tell me whats wrong! :thumbsup:

At that level, I had much the same problem, and was worried. My character was really dependent on NPCs to make it through combat, and I knew there were parts of the game later on where you're on your own...

All I can say is, the problem just gradually went away. As I gained levels, increased my wisdom with items and levelling up, they resisted less and less often, and by the end, no-one was resisting at all.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

my npcs were really dependent on my character, who could kill anybody bar the bosses in one lightsaber strike.....

That's true for the majority of times I played, too. If you focus on combat feats, or balance combat with force or skills, your character is usually very strong. If, on the other hand, you're trying to create a sort of 'magic-user', heavily force focused, then combat is left weak and the force powers don't compensate at first. But they did later on, at least for me.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I find that light side powers like the stasis field lineup get resisted alot in the early levels, so I use the force wave series instead, they tend to work well throughout the game, and if you're LS, the force wave series is the only offensive force power you get apart from destroy droid. DS powers tend not to be resisted even from the first levels.

I found that enemies don't resist as well if you play a consular character in the earlier levels - obviously due to the DC bonus that they get. I do have to agree that the stasis force powers didn't work very well against the Sith Assassins near the start but I thought that was becuase they were supposed to be Force resistant.

I also found that the Force lightning series may have been saved against when I was 2-4th levels but the amount of damage you did with them more than made up for it.

I read somewhere that as you progress through the game your enemies get better saving throws and so force powers such as stun tend to only do well at the lower levels.

It is a shame that if you want decent offensive force powers you have to take Dark Side powers even if you want to play a Light Sider. Especially since it takes so long to get your lightsaber and Light Side Force powers revolve around melee based characters. If you want to play a supporting Jedi role you need those Dark Side powers!