Merceneries.

The one thing I didn't like about it is you couldn't save until a mission was totally completed.

This came extra frustrating near the end of a "card color" when it would require a bunch of objectives, and if you died anywhere during the mission, you'd have to repeat every thing.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I have it. It's a really fun game for what it is, an unapologetic action game. It has a lot of freedom to run around, but it does get kind of repetitive at points. I mean, the whole point of the game is to blow stuff up and capture people. Once you've played through half of the game you've really seen most of what it has to offer, other than more complicated missions and the like. I haven't beaten it yet, but my roommate is on the final mission. He has quit playing the game in frustration. He says the mission is over an hour long, and it has no save points, and parts of it are incredibly hard. And it is the kind of hard where the developers just throw an insane number of enemies at you and you seriously almost have to rely on blind luck to get through. I haven't played it since he told me that, since I really don't want to deal with the frustration.

I played it nonstop for almost 2 weeks, though. It is fun to really roleplay the mercenary part, running around, playing different sides against each other and blowing the **** out of anything and everything. The controls are mostly pretty good once you get used to them. The graphics are mostly pretty good. I played it for Xbox, and load times were great. Once the game loaded you didn't really experience load times for the most part. You could drive from one end of the map to the other, and the maps are pretty big. It is definitely like GTA in the Demilitarized Zone, that is a great way to describe it. It was worth a purchase to me. I downloaded it to try it out, and since I played it so much I had no problem going out and picking up a copy. Definitely worth my money for the amount of time I have put into it, even though it has its flaws.

It's very GTA like, although I'm not a fan of GTA because I dont have much interest in the concept.

I just fancied something actiony for a change. The deck of 52 pretty much sims up the non linerarity of the game. Your goal is to find the ace of spades, along the way you can work for a variety of factions and your relationships will eithe grow of deteriate over time as the factions work against each other as well as the NK. Complete missions and they give you intel on where you can find other "cards".

Very early on I got my hands on a helicopter :blink: which was great fun , until I flew it over an allie base and they shot me down thinking I was NK. The airdrops are great too, you find them scattered about the playing field and you can then call them up to your location.

It's a very fun dynamic game most things can be blown up and driven.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I just wish building stay blown up.

I took great pains to blow up that sports arena looking building, but then when I returned to that part of the country a couple of days later, it was resurected. :lol:

They must have fast construction workers. :p

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's very GTA like, although I'm not a fan of GTA because I dont have much interest in the concept.

I just fancied something actiony for a change. The deck of 52 pretty much sims up the non linerarity of the game. Your goal is to find the ace of spades, along the way you can work for a variety of factions and your relationships will eithe grow of deteriate over time as the factions work against each other as well as the NK. Complete missions and they give you intel on where you can find other "cards".

Very early on I got my hands on a helicopter :p which was great fun , until I flew it over an allie base and they shot me down thinking I was NK. The airdrops are great too, you find them scattered about the playing field and you can then call them up to your location.

It's a very fun dynamic game most things can be blown up and driven.

That sounds rather interesting.

Just how nonlinear is it though... kinda, sorta, or totally?

Just how nonlinear is it though... kinda, sorta, or totally?

Very. You can basically do whichever "jobs" you want in whichever order (granted you have to finish one color suite of cards before moving on to the next, but there are 13 cards per suite to do in almost-non linear fashion).

Yeah, at a certain point you can gather enough 'intelligence' in the Ace so that you can grab him, but you won't have had to get every single card in the suit. I always go back to finish them all off, though, since it would bug me if I didn't. ^_^