Idle Thumbs' KotOR II review

Bad disk, it happens take it back problem solved. Again nothing to do with developer or publisher. You get a new disk problem solved.

What exactly is a rampant frequency anyway? Just how many bad disk posts have their been. Anyone who even hints at a modded Xbox can be ignored by the way. As can anyone trying to run the game from the HD none of those things are supported or intended and you do them at your own risk.

How is it NOT Lucasarts' fault for bad disks? Are they not the ones manufacturing them?

If you look at the X-Box forum there was an enormous amount of people with "bad disks", which are no one EXCEPT Lucasarts' fault.

If you're going to use that as an excuse, then I can just as easily say that anyone who has problems with the PC version just got a bad disk too.

Either way, those people can't play the game, regardless.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

How is it NOT Lucasarts' fault for bad disks?  Are they not the ones manufacturing them?

If you look at the X-Box forum there was an enormous amount of people with "bad disks", which are no one EXCEPT Lucasarts' fault.

If you're going to use that as an excuse, then I can just as easily say that anyone who has problems with the PC version just got a bad disk too.

Either way, those people can't play the game, regardless.

I get the feeling your doing some major exageration..

"Gosh I have a bad disk. I know I will return to the store and get a new one"

It's probably quicker than posting on the message board. Why would you even post you have a bad disk ? It's not like anyone but you can do anything about it.

Well you could say that all the PC problems were down to bad disks, but again dont expect to be taken seriously at all. Might be a bad disk here and there when the game wont install.

"oh look here is my shiny new replacement disk which I just got from the store,now I can play the game".

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You either can play the game or not be able to play the game.  The reasons behind it are irrelevant.  Only thing that matters is that the problems are fixed and do not happen again.  What has LA done to fix these problems.  Nothing.

Well I dont have any sympathy for some too lazy to change a disk. In the case of the Xbox it's all with the user if the game cant be played. Short of expecting LA or Obsidian to come around to your house and make it work for you, how much simpler could it be?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well I dont have any sympathy for some too lazy to change a disk. In the case of the Xbox it's all with the user if the game cant be played. Short of expecting LA or Obsidian to come around to your house and make it work for you, how much simpler could it be?

No offense, but you're sounding like Troika's customer service in regards to Bloodlines' problems. "It's not our fault, it's your fault for having a crappy computer".

Sorry, bad disks are still Lucasarts' fault, whether or not someone is "lazy" about returning the disk.

I suggest you read the X-Box forum to see that I'm not exaggerating and that you're simply being blind about how stable the X-Box version is.

Word to the wise, just because YOU didn't have problems with the X-Box version doesn't mean there weren't others who did. ;)

I didn't have a single problem with my PC version, but I'd never be so arrogant as to suggest that anyone who had problems with the PC version is just too "lazy" to return it or too imcompetant and needs Lucasarts to come to their house to install it.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

No offense, but you're sounding like Troika's customer service in regards to Bloodlines' problems.  "It's not our fault, it's your fault for having a crappy computer".

Sorry, bad disks are still Lucasarts' fault, whether or not someone is "lazy" about returning the disk.

I suggest you read the X-Box forum to see that I'm not exaggerating and that you're simply being blind about how stable the X-Box version is.

Word to the wise, just because YOU didn't have problems with the X-Box version doesn't mean there weren't others who did.  ;)

I didn't have a single problem with my PC version, but I'd never be so arrogant as to suggest that anyone who had problems with the PC version is just too "lazy" to return it or too imcompetant and needs Lucasarts to come to their house to install it.

The difference there is , that if you have a bad disk your only solution is to return it. Case closed end of story. If there is something up with your Xbox, then who's fault it is isnt particularly important. You can hardly blame the game for it. Where as with a PC if you meet the specs then you should in theory be able to play the game.

Well before you could place blame you have to investigate things like how old, how well treated, where is it positioned etc. Rule one of consoles, if it works on one it works on all unless there is a problem with console or disk. There is never a coding issue. Although since it suits your purpose to take the complaints at face value I dont expect you care about other causes.

Oh your definately exagerating. If those problems were common you would have heard about them in droves prior to the EU release.

Just because they had problems dosnt mean those problems are solvable or the responsibility of Obsidian which is something that a patch would be.

Well count yourself lucky then. But PC's and consoles are not the same. You would be suprised how many "problems" disapear when you take your Xbox off the top of the TV for example.

478327[/snapback]

Just because they had problems dosnt mean those problems are solvable or the responsibility of Obsidian which is something that a patch would be.

We obviously disagree about this topic, so I won't bother responding again to that.

However, about the part I quoted, I think you have me mistaken with someone. My comments towards you are strictly about how the X-Box would have still been rushed regardless of whether they dropped the PC release and that the problems people are seeing are due to the fact the game was rushed.

I'm not sure how that has anything to do with Obsidian or its ability to patch something since I never once mentioned a patch in this thread.

We obviously disagree about this topic, so I won't bother responding again to that.

However, about the part I quoted, I think you have me mistaken with someone.  My comments towards you are strictly about how the X-Box would have still been rushed regardless of whether they dropped the PC release and that the problems people are seeing are due to the fact the game was rushed.

I'm not sure how that has anything to do with Obsidian or its ability to patch something since I never once mentioned a patch in this thread.

you said that bad disks are LA's responsibility when in fact all you have to do is change the disk. A patch on the other hand, that rests with the developers/publishers no do it yourself easy fix there.

so as much as you would like to exagerate the problems with the Xbox, 90% of them are do it yourself fixes either from the Box or the Disk, case closed.

478327[/snapback]

so as much as you would like to exagerate the problems with the Xbox, 90% of them are do it yourself fixes either from the Box or the Disk, case closed.

You should tell all those people in the X-Box self-help forum that all they needed to do to fix their problems is to return their disks then, since according to you, it's not a problem at all. :)

You should tell all those people in the X-Box self-help forum that all they needed to do to fix their problems is to return their disks then, since according to you, it's not a problem at all.  :)

If that hasnt occured to them I'm not losing sleep over it.

Let me give you the sum total of my console "problems"

Fable - went black screen twice got returned.

The Getaway - kept freezing at a specific point. Exchanged disk, game worked fine.

Gladius - black screen , swapped for PS2 version.

Thats out of 70+ titles across 5 platforms. To do the same with two PC games would take multiple posts.

I never said it wasnt a problem bad disks happen,getting worked up over the fact you have one dosnt help you. Returning it for a new disk does.

I said it wasnt a problem that LA/Obsidian is responsible for or could fix.Which is 100% true.

478327[/snapback]

Then whose fault is it if not Lucasarts for the sheer number of "bad disks"? I own a console as well (a PS2), but I have never seen, experienced, or heard of as many "bad disks" for a game as there were reported of TSL in the X-Box forum. Never.

Since you insist that the problem isn't Lucasarts' fault, then perhaps you can inform me who is to blame for the incredible amount (as compared to the norm in the console market) of bad disks being produced?

Then whose fault is it if not Lucasarts for the sheer number of "bad disks"?  I own a console as well (a PS2), but I have never seen, experienced, or heard of as many "bad disks" for a game as there were reported of TSL in the X-Box forum.  Never.

Since you insist that the problem isn't Lucasarts' fault, then perhaps you can inform me who is to blame for the incredible amount (as compared to the norm in the console market) of bad disks being produced?

Should have been on the Elder Scrolls Forums you would have seen your fair share. Just what % of total sales are you seeing on the Xbox forums , not even .1 of a %.

Any retailer will swap a game for the same game. Just what else do you expect LA to do about it? What exactly is the norm anyway? Because until you figure out what it is, then you have no way of knowing whether or not KOTORII is above below or average when it comes to bad disks. Posts on a forum are hardly conclusive whatever you might like to think.

478327[/snapback]