First Lightsaber?

Little help please? Can someone tell me how to go about building a Lightsaber. I'm obviusly doing something wrong, or just not doing something right. It's not like KOTOR. Repulser Fist Guy said he would help but I haven't a Crystal. I made everything else on the Workbench, but the diolouge option doesn't appear so I guess I'm out of luck.

Repulser Fist Guy said he would help but I haven't a Crystal. I made everything else on the Workbench, but the diolouge option doesn't appear so I guess I'm out of luck.

You should have gotten your first lightsaber part (emitter, lens, or fixture), from either Czerka or the Ithorians on Telos, depending on with whom you sided.

You can find lightsaber color crystals on any of the planets, and you should have been able to buy one from one of the Duros merchants on Telos, but that's not necessary at all.

You must find each of the three lightsaber parts in addition to the crystal, before Bao Dur will build you a saber. You can't just build them on the workbench, since those are actually upgrades to each basic part, and not the basic part itself.

Just as a quick guideline, you can get a lightsaber built pretty quickly if you go to Dantooine as your first planet. Assuming you already came to Dantooine with a lightsaber part from Telos, do the following:

1) Make sure you're sufficiently light sided or dark sided, that you have triggered the movie scene showing Visas (the lady in the purple robe).

2) If you want a color crystal, as well as maybe a couple upgrade crystals, talk to the ugly lady in the salvager's camp, and ask what she has for sale.

3) Go to the ruins of the Enclave, and explore. You'll eventually come across Jorran. Make sure that you've cleared the area of lairgeks (creatures). If you want DS points, just kill him on the spot, and you'll get DS points + a lightsaber part. Otherwise, for LS points (and potentially more loot), let him go, finish the ruins, and go back to the salvagers' camp. You'll see him standing there, and you can buy the lightsaber part and two crystals off him. I actually got lucky once, and ended up with a color cystal, the lightsaber part, and a Upari crystal.

4) After you've gotten the second lightsaber part, go back onto the Ebon Hawk, and you'll fight Visas. After you beat her, you'll get another lightsaber part. Talk to Bao Dur. If you have a crystal, and the three lightsaber parts, you can have him build you a saber, you choice of single or double bladed.

Once you build your saber, any places that would normally give you a lightsaber part, will result in you getting a whole saber (random type). Still, though, in order to use the lightsaber upgrades that you built on the workbench, you must have a functional lightsaber.

Sounds good. Thanks. I hope theres not a glitch on dantooine like I ran into in KOTOR. Did anybody else experience svere lag in just that one area? I think it was the maltele grounds, but not inside the estate itself. Weird.

Alot of people have severe slowdowns on Dantooine. If you have add

Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

Beneath

[Graphics Options]

In the SWKotor2.ini file