Realm of Lothayron Setting

Rhomal

Well, you could replace elves with sidhe, from Torn. Chicks with tail, cat ears and big anime like eyes. What more could you ask from fantasy setting?  :cool:

Now this I like. I have always liked the idea of using a feline race as a major element in a setting such as this. My only concern would be will nwn2 allow such? (if not as a PC even if just an NPC race of models). I am not sure bit I have a feeling we wont even get a humanoid feline NPC race.

But that aside, just for kicks, lets toss some ideas around. How do you envision such a race on this setting? what kind of society? religion? etc?

I think it would be a matriarchal society, the males would be the homemakers and the women the strong warriors (kinda like Lions). Aside from that...not really sure. It'd probably FIT for them to be a more primitive race...hrm, maybe tree dwellings in the forest? Dunno.

It should be said though, that there's enough barbarian races as is. I think the Drow should have a more advanced civilization, but that's just me.

> I think it would be a matriarchal society, the males would be the homemakers and the women the strong warriors (kinda like Lions). Aside from that...not really sure. It'd probably FIT for them to be a more primitive race...hrm, maybe tree dwellings in the forest? Dunno.

I like that idea. Base them off the social setup of the african great cats. I agree a female based society. The females are the warriors(hunters) and child rearing. The males do the other half of child rearing and 'homemakers' as you put it. How do you see religion on such a society? I am torn on making them have a strong religious system or make them more or less atheists.

The great cats to sleep/eat in trees. So it would make sense at least part of the buildings would be in the trees.

> It should be said though, that there's enough barbarian races as is. I think the Drow should have a more advanced civilization, but that's just me.

Aside from the desert human barbarion tribes lothayron does not have much in the way if major barbarion presense. And IMO its a bit more 'realistic' (that R word again.. heh) that their society would devolve after being forced under ground. It also gives them real motivation to be *issed off at the surface elves.

Thats one thing I dont really see/get with FR drow. They have cities that rival most of the surface nations and have a decent level of quality of life. So what are they all bent out of shape over still? They are prob doing better in the underdark then they would be on the surface. Hence, I see that as a very weak argument why they are still upset at the surface.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

> I think it would be a matriarchal society, the males would be the homemakers and the women the strong warriors (kinda like Lions).  Aside from that...not really sure.  It'd probably FIT for them to be a more primitive race...hrm, maybe tree dwellings in the forest?  Dunno. 

I like that idea. Base them off the social setup of the african great cats. I agree a female based society. The females are the warriors(hunters) and child rearing. The males do the other half of child rearing and 'homemakers' as you put it. How do you see religion on such a society? I am torn on making them have a strong religious system or make them more or less atheists.

The great cats to sleep/eat in trees. So it would make sense at least part of the buildings would be in the trees.

> It should be said though, that there's enough barbarian races as is.  I think the Drow should have a more advanced civilization, but that's just me.

Aside from the desert human barbarion tribes lothayron does not have much in the way if major barbarion presense. And IMO its a bit more 'realistic' (that R word again.. heh) that their society would devolve after being forced under ground. It also gives them real motivation to be *issed off at the surface elves.

Thats one thing I dont really see/get with FR drow. They have cities that rival most of the surface nations and have a decent level of quality of life. So what are they all bent out of shape over still? They are prob doing better in the underdark then they would be on the surface. Hence, I see that as a very weak argument why they are still upset at the surface.

I'm thinking a rather shamanic religion. A carryover from more primitive times that they never got rid of.