G0-T0 and frame drops on Ebon Hawk

Guest Damar Stiehl

Guest Damar Stiehl

I've completed Dantooine without a hitch, as well as Nar Shaddaa. It's the Ebon Hawk that is all of a sudden a problem.

Ever since I acquired G0-T0, I am suffering horrific frame drops when in the Ebon Hawk's central c0ckpit (where the planet hologram is). Frame rate goes to maybe 1 FPS, and my character becomes perma-stuck in the running animation. Saving the game, exiting to title screen and reloading helps sometimes, but not always.

I don't think Mira could be causing the frame drops (when I talk to her, I never have a frame drop), the HK has gone to the garage area of the ship, T3M4 roams everywhere without problems, and the only one other NPC hanging out in the c0ckpit is G0T0. I suspect it's his fault. Has anyone else experienced this?

Obsidian, I sincerely hope that you found the reason for frame drops and the patch will fix it...

Edit:censoring the word "c0ckpit" is a little daft.

Do you mean low fps or the flashing thing that happens when you enter the ebon hawk happens there also? I noticed that Goto's yacht, where there were lots of that type of droid, had a very low framerate, at times almost as bad as Peragus.

Guest Damar Stiehl

Not sure what you mean by the "flashing thing"... What I'm experiencing is frame rate suddenly going WAY DOWN LOW. The camera control is slow and jerky, your character gets stuck in the running animation or slowly (one frame per second) spins around, it is impossible to move. The mouse moves normally if you hit "esc" to go to the menu, but when you close the menu, you're still stuck.