neverwinter

I strongly urge you to play the first NWN before commiting yourself to purchasing NWN2. Many people hated the single player campaign, whilst other thought it quite good (especially the expansion packs).

The "heart" of NWN lies around the multiplayer capabilities of course, with human DM's or PW servers.

NWN2 is going to be party based this time around, but I really lost interest in following its develepment process ever since the forums moved from Obsidian ---> Bioware.

:wub:

manthing2.jpg

I strongly urge you to play the first NWN before commiting yourself to purchasing NWN2.  Many people hated the single player campaign, whilst other thought it quite good (especially the expansion packs). 

The "heart" of NWN lies around the multiplayer capabilities of course, with human DM's or PW servers.

NWN2 is going to be party based this time around, but I really lost interest in following its develepment process ever since the forums moved from Obsidian ---> Bioware.

:)

I'm not sure where you got that NWN2 was party based ... last I knew it was based on henchmen (upto 3 ) much like HotUD but starting at level one ... check out the FAQ on the BIO boards , should answer all or most your questions about NWN2

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/index.html?viewcat=24 :wub:"

I'm not sure where you got that NWN2 was party based ... last I knew it was based on henchmen (upto 3 )  much like HotUD but starting at level one ... check out the FAQ on the BIO boards , should answer all or most your questions about NWN2

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/index.html?viewcat=24 :wub:"

One of the devs did say it going to be party based early in development...but alas those threads are gone now with the loss of the NWN 2 section. Evidently he was wrong it seems - or perhaps he was using the term "party" loosely & interchangably with "henchman". *shrugs*

Anyway,

*sees Dragon Lord's Bio link*

Sorry, but I refuse to go! :)

manthing2.jpg

Um.... PC + henchmen = Party based. Don't be confused. Remember, contary to popualr belief, the OC didn't have henchmen. It had expert hirelings. SOU, HOTU, BG, and PST had henchmen.

That is all.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yea 3 is one more than hotu, and I feel like 4 is a pretty good-sized party. Sure I would like 6, but considering this is NWN, I think 4 will be plenty enough in your party without cluttering up the screen. This should feel like a big difference in comparison to the NWN OC when you had only 1 henchman.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

HotU did not have the same party system as BG or PST. In the BG games you told each party member exactly what to do at each moment, in the NWN expansions the henchmen followed you around and cast what the AI deemed the appropriate spells. BG = party based since you have exactly the same level of control over the party members as you have over the main PC. NWN does not = party based since you dont directly control the party members other than some very basic commands and the ability to tell the AI what way you want it to fight.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

"BG = party based since you have exactly the same level of control over the party members as you have over the main PC. NWN does not = party based since you dont directly control the party members other than some very basic commands and the ability to tell the AI what way you want it to fight."

You don't know what aprty based means then.

A party, by defintion, is multiple adventurers traveling together. Even the OC has a party by defintion. Period. AI or player controlled is irrelevant to whether or not a game is party based.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I thought it was really good, except for the "the world was made by evil lizards" plot.

As I hate multiplayer RPGs, I tend to think that focusing on that made the Devs not really putting in the effort to create a good SP campaign. I tried to play it co-op with some friends but having those clowns with me totally killed the feeling.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I never got very far .. completed the city and went around the area .. and then got bored and uninstalled the game .. (and that was a couple of weeks ago, because I had forgotten how lame I thought it was when I played it the time it came out)

Fortune favors the bald.