OpenGL problem?

i'm running on WinME, 2400 amd, 1gig of ddr ram, sblive sound card and a geforce 6600GT

when i click scan hardware it says that my system failed OpenGL. it has microsoft 1.10 opengl drivers

im running on the latest nvidia drivers and i even tried some beta drivers and that didn't work. i don't understand how to get my opengl version to 1.4, as i recall geforce 6600gt supports opengl 1.5

i'm running on WinME, 2400 amd, 1gig of ddr ram, sblive sound card and a geforce 6600GT

when i click scan hardware it says that my system failed OpenGL. it has microsoft 1.10 opengl drivers

im running on the latest nvidia drivers and i even tried some beta drivers and that didn't work. i don't understand how to get my opengl version to 1.4, as i recall geforce 6600gt supports opengl 1.5

6600gt supports openGL 1.3 if I'm correct, and that should be ok since nvidia cards only need version 1.3... Only Ati cards need 1.4 (correct me if I'm wrong)....

Windows Me is a very old OS. And crappy one in my opinion. Although is still supported by the game publishers, MS does not provide anymore WHQL certification for Win 9x (95/95/Me) drivers. Your troubles might come from there. Your PC is perfectly able to run a Windows XP, you should consider upgrading your OS if you can afford it. Don't forget to try to get a cheap OEM license. In France you can have an OEM license by buying a CPU, a graphic card, an HDD, an optical player/recorder, RAM and floppy drive; it should be quite the same conditions in other countrys.

Anyway, did try to run the game?

6600gt supports openGL 1.3 if I'm correct, and that should be ok since nvidia cards only need version 1.3... Only Ati cards need 1.4 (correct me if I'm wrong)....

It's the other way round- Ati 1.3 and nVidia 1.4

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

Have you checked to see if your onboard graphic card has been disabled?

had the same problem with my sound card not being detected, even though it worked fine, it wasn't detected until I went into the bios and disabled the onboard sound.

You might have the same problem.

i'll try uninstalling the drivers and using them again. my motherboard doesn't have a build in graphics card, so that shouldn't be the problem. i don't like how winxp looked i bought win2k. but right now it's screwed. have to reinstall it again. lucky i don't have anything important there