Darth Nihilus rant

ToF

Guest ChaosStorm

Story wise I agree - they handled Nihilus well. Especially since he's not the real enemy. However, a little more explaining of Kreia drawed out people like him ect. would be welcome.

Game technically however, Nihilus was totally weak. They should have made him a lot stronger in combat.

Not sure if someone pointed this out already, but if you ask for his mask, then he his MUCH more than 'just a man.' He turns out to be 'Death Incarnate', which is what Visas sees when she looks at you.

Just pointing it out.

How did you find out that?

IIRC its one of her dialogues, because the Exile and Nihilus are both 'wounds in the Force'.

From a story point of view, I can see what they are trying to do. But from a gameplay point of view, it is a big disappointment. I wanted to defeat a planet killer, but instead no different from other weak enemies.

For a DS story line, they should give an option for the Exile to don Nihilus mask and become the new threat to the galaxy. The DS and LS endings are so different in KOTOR1.

How good are the mod tools? So much can be done to improve the game...

Here's my guess (IT'S JUST A THEORY) on why Nihilus has the need to feed. Off topic thus far, but it does explain a bit, I think.

Nihilus was revived on Malachor. It says this in the loading screen.

This leads one to believe that he was dead. This would also explain why he MUST feed, or suffer. He feeds on the Force on a MASSIVE extent, to fill in the holes where the life-force once flowed. The Exile only cut himself off of the Force, not his entire life-energy. That is why he does it, but is not forced to. I suppose after a LONG time of this, it could become sort of like steroids, and he would rely on it to keep his power, but I doubt he would make it to Nihilus' state.

And about the Jedi telling the truth: They do tell the truth, but they have been known for hiding PARTS of it. Notice they did not tell Revan that he/she was Revan, but then again, he/she never asked, did they? :p

Kreia told what she wanted to, being the manipulative Sith Witch that she is... come to think of it, she's more of a Dark Jedi Witch than a Sith Lord, isn't she?

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I could appreciate Darth Nihilus working as some form of "Red Herring", he's the obvious Enemy who isn't really the true threat. The problem is even if that was the intention he was still poorly implemented.

Even after finishing the game I only have a vague idea of what happened between him Keria and Sion and how he managed to end up on board the Ravager and what the Nihilus Slaves on the bridge were all about. Also I have no idea how my character went from not knowing who Visas' master was to know he was Darth Nihilus and he was onboard The Ravager. If these problems had been resolved and had more explaination been given over to why Nihilus was weakened by trying to drain the force you (I mean I understand the idea he was essentially trying to drain the force from a wound in the force and it nearly killed him) and if that whole event had been given a greater significant then the confrontation with Darth Nihilus would have been significantly more satisfying.

To have then had to go and confront Keria, the true enemy, would have made for a much more interesting ending.

Few mention him by name. Just like pre-release, he is basically the MSG to the Jedi, except they don't know he wears a mask.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."