Anti-Gay Idiocy

Tigranes

I'd say pro-gay basically means that you're not a homophobe.

I would disagree, pro-gay means you support the gay agenda, which includes things like recruiting in high schools and supporting NAMBLA.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Although I do live in the "Filthy Bible Belt" as Roshan so eloquently put it. I do not hate homosexuals. I've read the bible, and I know what it says on the matter. I also know of a certain line of text that extremist tend to overlook from time to time, "Love thy Neighbor". If you've read my previous posts on religion you'd know my stance. Everyone has their own beliefs and faiths. Mine should have no effect on anyone else's. I think that some people are just born flaming, pink scarf wearin', dancing in the street at the gay pride parade, looking for a man with a slow hand homosexual, and they can't do a damn thing about it. This is how the backward redneck sees things. Please excuse my automatically assumed inferior intellect. This neanderthal apologizes that he can't compare with you liberals out in the left coast and the north east. <_<

I'd say pro-gay basically means that you're not a homophobe.

I would disagree, pro-gay means you support the gay agenda, which includes things like recruiting in high schools and supporting NAMBLA.

Recruiting in high schools? You're not... serious... are you? I mean, you don't really believe that they do that, right? Because they don't. Reality check!

I'm pro-my best friend and her wife. I'm also pro-my many other friends, with or without significant others of whatever gender. I'm also pro-me. I guess that makes me pro-sexual :wacko:

Yeah but i've got nothing against a lot of things and think people should be allow to do what they like as long as it doesn't harm other people or their way of life (But it doesn't always work out that way though), i think that bananas are a really tasty fruit but i'm not 'pro-bananas'.

I look forward to the day when advances in genetic engineering will cause the gay situation to go away forever.

Congradulations, the eugenics movement would of been very proud of you.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

I find the strongest argument for saying that homosexuality is.. not what God intended... in the first chapters of Genesis. God created man (as in humankind) in his own image, in the image of God he created her (as in the preposition used for humankind in general); male and female he created them. Male and female. And continuing, for this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. That was the original idea, male and female. And this point is above the question about the Genesis literal truth, if the world was created on 7 days or not. I don't believe Genesis describes how the world was made, but it does teach us some theological truths. The first chapters explains how it was intended to be. Three relations that were perfect. Humankind - God, Humankind - Creation, Male - Female. Then comes the fall and all three relations are broken and hurt. Humans become afraid of God, They blame eachother, and even blame God, for what they did, denying their own responsability, and as a consequence the relation between Humans and creation is broken too. Also, one point to notice is that it doesn't just describe one major big event in the past, the Fall is an ongoing thing. We continue to distrust God, and because of it, we fear him and we fear eachother. Thus, homosexuality is part of a falling world, it's not what God wants or intended. The good news though is that what Jesus did has enabled God to restore everything. I believe this to be true about homosexuality too, meaning that I believe it can be "cured" or that a person can be redeemed from it or something like that.

My questions is why everyone seems to care so much about homosexuality though, when hate, lying, racism, sexism, violence and thousands of other things are so much more widespread, even within the christian community. Personally I think there are bigger problems in the world to focus our attention towards.

I also would want to meet someone homosexual IRL, because I don't know if I have. Not because I would try to convert the person but to test myself, If I could overcome my own stereotypes, prejudice, and bigotry towards such a person. I want to know how I will act.

What do you want?.. blink.gif

Thats gotta be the dumbest thing i've ever heard, you want to meet someone who's gay just to 'test' yourself. lol. they're normal people too you know they don't tend to walk around waving a flag saying "Look at me i'm gay" Unless they're on will and grace :huh:

Thats gotta be the dumbest thing i've ever heard, you want to meet someone who's gay just to 'test' yourself. lol. they're normal people too you know they don't tend to walk around waving a flag saying "Look at me i'm gay" Unless they're on will and grace :blink:

Rather depends on where you live. In the Mid-West, where I grew up, homosexual people tended to hide it due to prevailing bigotries. When I lived in Miami, which has a gay community on par with San Fran there were a lot of flaming individuals.

Anyone who promotes discrimination based on sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, cultural background, and whatnot needs to get out of the Middle Ages and join with the rest of us in the 21st.

Yep. Though "Victorian era" would be more apropos. Maybe they'd be happier living in a time when children worked in coal mines and women wore clothing that actually endangered their health. Actually in much of the world if a woman doesn't dress "correctly" her life is endangered, so...

As for why discrimination against homosexuals is important... wow. We're talking about 10% of the population here. One out of every ten people. That's a lot. And even if it wasn't, discrimination of any kind against any group, no matter how small, is wrong and must be stopped. I always find these kind of questions strange. If I didn't fight for all civil rights, how could I say I fought for any? How does one pick and choose: well, it's too bad gays are beaten for holding hands (and straights are beaten if they're suspected of being gay), but a black man was dragged to death, but oh wait another woman was raped (that one happens a couple times per minute), on the other hand a child was just beaten, the icecaps are melting, food animals are raised in absolutely heinous conditions, war is rampant... I'll choose to just fight against the anti-choice movement and leave everything else alone. That makes no sense to me.

Thats gotta be the dumbest thing i've ever heard, you want to meet someone who's gay just to 'test' yourself. lol. they're normal people too you know they don't tend to walk around waving a flag saying "Look at me i'm gay" Unless they're on will and grace :rolleyes:

Thanks... :o

Yeah, I do know that they are normal people... but that's the thing... it's really easy to say that I'm not a rascist until I meet someone diffrent, It's really easy to say that I'm not homofob until I'm put in such a situation... what I meant was that I can go around and say that I don't discriminate people, but when the situation really calls for proof, do I treat the person the same way as I treat anyone else?...

... get the point?

You "religious" Bible quoters on this forum are making me question my faith. I'm not even joking.
Then I wonder what you believe in... if you question your faith when people quote the book that the faith is supposed to be based on. :rolleyes:

As for why discrimination against homosexuals is important...

again.. I think I got missunderstood.. I think because I see things from the christian viewpoint and was thinking about why wether or not someone is homosexual seems to be such an big issue amongst some christians...

On the other hand, what would you say that discrimination includes. Not allowing someone to be a pastor for a church because he is homosexual?..

discrimination based on sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, cultural background, and whatnot

... If as you say, sexual orientation is on par with religion, wouldn't be equally discriminating to not allow a budhist to become the pastor of the same church? When religious freedom and other rights clash... which is most important?

What do you want?.. blink.gif

Everyone discriminates you can't help it, its built into you, if you see someone walking down the street with their leg hanging off ozzing puss you're gonna discriminate!

Well i think you've already failed your test cos instead of treating them as everyday folks you'll be wondering constantly about how your acting instead of just being yourself with them. Gay people are not the devil, except i say again the guy off will and grace he's amazingly anoying!