Questions about WIS bonus to defense

the WIS bonus to DEF that males get at the appropriate point in the game...Three questions:

1. What are the prerequisites for it? In my last game, I tested an observation by putting on normal clothing and got the WIS bonus to DEFENSE. Then I took off the armor and put on the miner's suit that you get on Peragus with a +1 DEF and, I think, no DEX limit. My AC went DOWN 1 point, presumably because I had gotten the +1 armor bonus but lost the +2 DEF bonus from my 14 WIS.

Apparently the WIS DEF bonus doesn't stack with armor of any kind? Does it stack with jedi robes? Or, is it subject to a cumulative cap combined with DEX with certain armors?

2. Is there a particular character feat associated with the wisdom bonus to DEF? I can't seem to find it on my feat chart. I tried an experiment to try to add it to my female character in the editor just to make the build comparable, but can't find it listed as a feat anywhere in the game.

Thanks,

Falconhurst

The clause to adding your wisdom mod to your defense is that you need to be in no way encumbered by your clothing/armor. The echani teachings require your body to flow in motion - as water would through a stream. This means your body needs to be free of all restrictions.

Jedi robes stack with this, regular clothing stacks with this, but anything that offers extra protection while sacrificing even a shred of movement disqualifies you to the bonus.

The miner's uniform is attained so early on in the game- I wouldn't be surprised if they made sure it didn't stack with it just because of that. It's sort of an irrelevant piece of equipment to the PC once you've left peragus anyway.